2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does turn out that the end is coming for Seamus, then he, above all others, is the one Everton footballer I would like them to offer a job to, rather than lose him from the club entirely, his attitude, work rate, humility etc, is a perfect role model and he is already proving a great ambassador for the club!

Played to the max every game for several years ans it's taken it's toll.
Same thing happened to baines at this age aswell.

At first you think his just off form but then realise his beginning to deteriorate.

He is for me DD, Coleman isn't the dynamo he once was but kenny is hibbert bad, I'm all for up for upgrading the RB slot, but kenny will never be an upgrade
I really don't know how you can be so sure about the future of a 21 year old defender. I agree that he is not ready yet to be first choice, but I think you are assuming that a 21 year old will never improve which is a ridiculous thing to do.

Comparisons with Hibbert are also wide of the mark. Offensively Kenny is already streets ahead of Hibbert who rarely crossed the halfway line. Defensively he still has a lot to iron out as you would expect from somebody so young.

He is for me DD, Coleman isn't the dynamo he once was but kenny is hibbert bad, I'm all for up for upgrading the RB slot, but kenny will never be an upgrade

In my opinion if we get a new RB we should have coleman as back up and Kenny out on loan. Might do the lad some good getting minutes week in week out somewhere else.

In my opinion if we get a new RB we should have coleman as back up and Kenny out on loan. Might do the lad some good getting minutes week in week out somewhere else.

That's a plan I'd be on board with, it's hard to let go of Coleman though I must admit
Agree on Coleman. He's a smashing lad and Everton through and through and it's sad to see him struggling the way he is now. Give him to the end of the season to try and get his form/fitness/confidence back, but we may then need to upgrade.

Hopefully he will be OK with a back up role. I've no problem then with Kenny going out on loan, but it has to be at a good standard, against very good players, or he'll learn nothing. Either another premier league team or maybe Germany or France. He needs to be tested if he's to learn.

I think as much as some try not to admit it, we can all see that Coleman is on the decline. Similar to Baines was a few years ago and we should have been getting in a new LB then and having Baines as the back up he is now. Hopefully we learn from our mistake with Baines and get a new RB in next season and have Coleman as the back up.

But on the whole it is gutting as not only as a fantastic player that he has been for us, but also the fact that that he is a genuine guy that you just know actual appreciates the privilege he has had to play the sport that 99% of the people out there pay to play and get paid very well for it. Which you cant say about the majority of players these days sadly.

The rest has done him good.

A) He looked shot and is 30, needs to be rotated every now and then
B) His form wasn't great, needed a boot up the arse

Kenny did okay, but Coleman did well. They'll do until the end of the season. Then we need to make a decision.

Is it time to loan Kenny out, and get in a long-term successor for Coleman? Yes, that would be my way - a bit like we have done with Baines.

There's no need to sell Coleman. Not yet. He'd be a great option moving into next season as a back-up, just like Baines this season.

Kenny needs a year playing regular football and then we can see if he'll be up to it.

Whoa whoa...is Kenny really HIbbert?? Doesn't he deserve a freebie for being in a crap team under Koeman and Allardyce? Just saying, he might thrive, and anyway we're not spending any money until 2023 now lol so he'll have to do, or Holgate.

Agree on Coleman. He's a smashing lad and Everton through and through and it's sad to see him struggling the way he is now. Give him to the end of the season to try and get his form/fitness/confidence back, but we may then need to upgrade.

Hopefully he will be OK with a back up role. I've no problem then with Kenny going out on loan, but it has to be at a good standard, against very good players, or he'll learn nothing. Either another premier league team or maybe Germany or France. He needs to be tested if he's to learn.

Got to be looking at lower end Prem team if he goes on loan. Needs experience and game time at current standard.

Seamus is performing as good as if not better than comparable players of the teams around us, such as Bellerin and the lad off Watford. Digne is way out performing Seamus, as he is with pretty much every other player at the club. Comparisons between the two of them is clouding judgement. He's not playing as well as he has done but he's not performing as bad as the bedwetters are making out.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 15:26
Language:

Comparison
playercomparisonhdr.jpg

Player Comparisons
  • Summary
  • Defensive
  • Offensive
  • Passing

View:OverallHomeAway
Filters ▼

Apps
Mins
Goals
Assists
Yel
Red
SpG
PS%
AerialsWon
MotM
wsGreenLow.png
Rating
Seamus Coleman
Everton
Premier League - 2018/2019

D(R),M(R)
wsGreenLow.png

-
-
-

Héctor Bellerín
Arsenal

D(R),M(R)
wsGreenLow.png

17(1)
-
-
-

Kiko Femenía
Watford

D(R),M(R)
wsGreenLow.png

14(5)
-
-
-

Mins: Minutes played Goals: Total goals Assists: Total assists Yel: Yellow card Red: Red card SpG: Shots per game PS%: Pass success percentage AerialsWon: Aerial duels won per game MotM: Man of the match

General Contact Us Social Media Network Video Channels WhoScored App Editions

logo.png

Data sources - Opta Sports, eNetPulse & Getty Images. Copyright © 2019 WhoScored.com

Status
Not open for further replies.