Homepage Update: Scouse or English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then maybe you mean Irish and not European.
I consider myself both as I was born in Ireland and Ireland is in Europe and a member of the EU
I’ve no problem being called either or both.
I’m sure lads gets their heads kicked in by ramdomers in most European capitals on a fairly regular basis
Alcohol and drug abuse is in most European capitals

"WE ARE NOT ENGLISH WE ARE SCOUSE"

Scousers who say this are usually the absolute weapons who act the goat on holiday and make you cringe with embarrassment with the whole loud "professional Scouser" behavior that just shames the city and people. Acting like tools at the poolside and only confirming and re-enforcing negative global stereotypes.

Then there's Der redmen. Usually displaying these crudely daubed words on some meffy banner in der piss-stained kop. Held by helmets from Bergen, Brighton and Bangladesh.

Nar leave all that nonsense to them. It's their pathetic attempt to take "Ownership" of the city.

(I'm originally from Lower Breck road by the way)

Do you remember going to the toilets on the boats and stepping into a 3in deep mix of piss and vomit
Not the best of journeys on a stormy winters night

Ah yes - that's why you had those high steps at every door - to stop the stuff sloshing out into the corridors. I never minded rough trips as I am a good sailor (born in Dun Laoghaire!!) and it usually meant less of a queue at the bar! :pint2:

Worst trip was the 0-5 against the RS. The Belfast P&O was on strike and all the Shankill RS were put on the B&I for the trip home. It was grim!

Ah yes - that's why you had those high steps at every door - to stop the stuff sloshing out into the corridors. I never minded rough trips as I am a good sailor (born in Dun Laoghaire!!) and it usually meant less of a queue at the bar! :pint2:

Worst trip was the 0-5 against the RS. The Belfast P&O was on strike and all the Shankill RS were put on the B&I for the trip home. It was grim!
If you still live in Dublin an Everton supporters club meet in the Mercantile for every match
4 Euro a pint during the game
I’ve gone to a few but if I’m not at the game I watch it on an IPTV service at home
Tickets getting harder to get I’ve heard
I use a ST belonging to a mate of my late father when I go over
I go with his son and grandson

If you still live in Dublin an Everton supporters club meet in the Mercantile for every match
4 Euro a pint during the game
I’ve gone to a few but if I’m not at the game I watch it on an IPTV service at home
Tickets getting harder to get I’ve heard
I use a ST belonging to a mate of my late father when I go over
I go with his son and grandson

Cheers. I live in Kilkenny since 1990 and when I travel it is with the Mrs and daughter usually. We pick matches that we can book off the OS as soon as tickets go on general sale, although last few have been poor obstructed views.

As I'm sure you know one trip from here with a family is the guts of €1,000 when you include car costs, air fares, hotels, spending, grub. Far cry from I think it was about IR£15 return with two overnights on the boat sleeping anywhere you could find once the bar shut about 2 a.m. - then just beer and grub money and ST£1.90 into the Street End ! :p

I was in the old ESC Dublin in the 80s and we travelled together regularly on the B&I - meetings were in the Auld Dubliner. Then I was in the Irish Toffees (Jim Kearney RIP) when it was first formed.

There are a few Blues around KK although we don't tend to get together for TV matches in spite of trying to organise this in the 90s - I gave up as few were turning up pleading family / kids etc pressures

I'm a wool and from my outside perspective the whole "Scouse not English" is the mantra of plastics from Prescot, Huyton, Whiston etc who are trying too hard in an attempt to create a false appearance of genuine scouseness. The Knowsley scruffs.

But then they all go drinking round St.Helens because it's closer to home and cheaper to get back from than Liverpool. Ded Scouse dat lad.

The Tory’s wanted to separate us from the rest of the country in the 80’s, letting it burn and be left well below the poverty line. They ruined families and industry

So stick ye English rar up ye hoop

And I hope Croatia smash those tattooed band playing biffs tonight

That was pretty much all of working class Northern England mate. The same resentment burns deep within our pie eating, glass loving, coalmine reminiscing, stonewash jeaned hearts.

I'm not from Liverpool so don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't get it. Manchester got screwed over by the Tories too, as did parts of Yorkshire, as did the Northeast but none of those regions claim to not be English.

Do Scousers want some kind of Catalan-style separatist movement or something?

I'm not from Liverpool so don't have a dog in this fight, but I don't get it. Manchester got screwed over by the Tories too, as did parts of Yorkshire, as did the Northeast but none of those regions claim to not be English.

Yes.

Hopefully we'll be cut free and allowed to float up and join Scotland.

I think its more the fact that the aim of the tory government was to deliberately put the city into managed decline,that was their own words,thats a British government actually saying that

Status
Not open for further replies.