Homepage Update: Scouse or English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to define it more, because I'm scouse from the north of town, but scouse means I'm counted as the same from those from South Liverpool, and they're weird down there. Having said that, there's areas in North Liverpool that aren't hard, so it's Walton scouse. But then our estate was harder than the others, and in our estate our road was harder than the next road, and we used to beat them at footy, so I don't want to be associated with those gimps.
So it really is our road that's the best, mind you next door didn't always give us our ball back, so it really is our house. Of course we don't want grown ups or girls to win, so it was our bedroom. But I'm better than my brother at subutteo, so top bunk is ultimately where my loyalty lies.
What if we don't want you mate?

I think you need to define it more, because I'm scouse from the north of town, but scouse means I'm counted as the same from those from South Liverpool, and they're weird down there. Having said that, there's areas in North Liverpool that aren't hard, so it's Walton scouse. But then our estate was harder than the others, and in our estate our road was harder than the next road, and we used to beat them at footy, so I don't want to be associated with those gimps.
So it really is our road that's the best, mind you next door didn't always give us our ball back, so it really is our house. Of course we don't want grown ups or girls to win, so it was our bedroom. But I'm better than my brother at subutteo, so top bunk is ultimately where my loyalty lies.
That sums up society brilliantly that.

if I was asked to choose between seeing Everton win the Premier League (or even a Cup), or England winning the World Cup... the answer is simple... England.

i've seen Everton win the league/cups before in the 80s, so them doing it again would be nothing new for me... don't get me wrong, it would be good to see it happen, but not life changing.

on the other hand, i've seen England win the Rugby World Cup and the Ashes... and a World Cup win would be 10x bigger than either of them.

I’m exactly the opposite! I too have seen Everton win the League, win in Europe, win cups and it would mean the world for me to see my lad watch an Everton team win a cup or even better win the League again!

Give me an Everton trophy every time i’m afraid!

I’m not a fan of the national team. I don’t really have any real interest in tonight. I won’t even be watching it. It does feel like I’m missing out on the whole experience though and I wish it was different but I just can’t help it. I’ve come to hate international football, the media, the FA, the bigoted fans (large minority, I know). But this dislike has been simmering for 20 years, in that time, the England fans have embarrassed this country time and again. I can’t just forget about that. This team does seem to be more likeable than previous teams to be fair. I hate the season stopping for international games. I’m not going to suddenly jump on the bandwagon now.

Status
Not open for further replies.