Homepage Update: Scouse or English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouser born L4 Catholic and Everton before my religion anyday, but only slightly more than my nation.
Support England in every sport.
Refuse to be labeled by the Uber Scouse red brigade, as some sort of tory loving sellout , the more they hate them the more I love them come on England.
Nice to have some fellow England fans on here for a change.
Never heard a blue say Scouse not English either.

Not Scouse,not English, Everton comes first,some rs from Runcorn running round screaming Scouse not English,nah doesnt impress me,Baz,Gaz and fat Daz dressing up as crusaders and singing 10 German bombers,nope you dont impress me either

Come on Croatia, come on the Wire

B6926D87-E440-48AF-875A-DEFB8AC22296.jpeg

..i’m not usually a fan of English international football. Too much was made of Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard era (fine players though they were), it seemed too many individuals had their own agenda and various managers tried to fit them into the same team.

The current side is a bit more refreshing. It’s true they have had a fortunate run in the tournament and ‘luck of the draw’ but they are where they are and I wish them well. The final will be a lot more interesting with them in it.

The team have a lot of Northern lads which is great considering how London centric England is. Big screen at the Pier Head for tonight’s game.

Scouser born L4 Catholic and Everton before my religion anyday, but only slightly more than my nation.
Support England in every sport.
Refuse to be labeled by the Uber Scouse red brigade, as some sort of tory loving sellout , the more they hate them the more I love them come on England.
Nice to have some fellow England fans on here for a change.
Never heard a blue say Scouse not English either.
Scouse not English is normally followed by 5 times and "its our year", in fact people who say it act more like wools then actual wools

..i’m not usually a fan of English international football. Too much was made of Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard era (fine players though they were), it seemed too many individuals had their own agenda and various managers tried to fit them into the same team.

The current side is a bit more refreshing. It’s true they have had a fortunate run in the tournament and ‘luck of the draw’ but they are where they are and I wish them well. The final will be a lot more interesting with them in it.

The team have a lot of Northern lads which is great considering how London centric England is. Big screen at the Pier Head for tonight’s game.
My sentiments exactly!

if I was asked to choose between seeing Everton win the Premier League (or even a Cup), or England winning the World Cup... the answer is simple... England.

i've seen Everton win the league/cups before in the 80s, so them doing it again would be nothing new for me... don't get me wrong, it would be good to see it happen, but not life changing.

on the other hand, i've seen England win the Rugby World Cup and the Ashes... and a World Cup win would be 10x bigger than either of them.

Usually I think everyone should have their views respected but you can shove those right up your janus. :)

I wonder what people will be thinking when the previously panned Everton player is being touted to the SKY 6 at every opportunity. It's what they do.

Literally speaking almost certainly no one who regards themselves as English has enough Germanic (the English were a Germanic tribe from the Jutland area) blood in them to qualify as such. DNA testing has found the highest concentrations of Germanic blood in the East and South of the country and never more than 37%. Our national myth of the English being descended from hundreds of thousands of English, Saxons and Jutes who kicked the 'celts' out into the hinterlands is just ...well a myth.
Or in other words we're all predominantly British.

The Tory’s wanted to separate us from the rest of the country in the 80’s, letting it burn and be left well below the poverty line. They ruined families and industry

So stick ye English rar up ye hoop

And I hope Croatia smash those tattooed band playing biffs tonight
This for me, although more not arsed about England than hatred. I don't mind this current side though.

Status
Not open for further replies.