Homepage Update: Scouse or English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to define it more, because I'm scouse from the north of town, but scouse means I'm counted as the same from those from South Liverpool, and they're weird down there. Having said that, there's areas in North Liverpool that aren't hard, so it's Walton scouse. But then our estate was harder than the others, and in our estate our road was harder than the next road, and we used to beat them at footy, so I don't want to be associated with those gimps.
So it really is our road that's the best, mind you next door didn't always give us our ball back, so it really is our house. Of course we don't want grown ups or girls to win, so it was our bedroom. But I'm better than my brother at subutteo, so top bunk is ultimately where my loyalty lies.

if I was asked to choose between seeing Everton win the Premier League (or even a Cup), or England winning the World Cup... the answer is simple... England.

i've seen Everton win the league/cups before in the 80s, so them doing it again would be nothing new for me... don't get me wrong, it would be good to see it happen, but not life changing.

on the other hand, i've seen England win the Rugby World Cup and the Ashes... and a World Cup win would be 10x bigger than either of them.

I’m glad the article went in the direction it did, in that it highlighted the treatment of Everton players in the English set up and how this affected his support.

I only started supporting England after I moved to England AND Wayne Rooney made his English debut. His presence was enough to have me swap from the Dutch who I admired owing to my love for Gullit as a kid.

I never had that hatred for Rooney and there were generally Evertonians coming and going enough for me to maintain that support and truth is I wanted to see “our” Wayne tearing it up as the best footballer in the world I thought he would be.

But to Catchers point the treatment of our players in the setup has been diabolical and that is where I go mad! Without repeating what you said which is 100% right I want to remark on Barkley ...

The season before he got injured and then left he was ripping it up for an extended period. In fact if you look at every season his contributions have generally outstripped most if not all the English midfielders around. BUT he was always the whipping boy! Always! Every mistake was magnified and blown up.. yet those around who couldn’t create a thing were left to keep being mediocre and get their 6/10 performance every match.

I recall Owen saying England should build a team around Ross and in hindsight.. they should have.
Alli came in when Ross was having a tough period and usurped him as the new shiny kid on the block. He was superb that season to be fair.. but that is almost 2 seasons ago now. But Alli is completely free from any criticism even though I can’t tell you what he does anymore. Certainly not in an England shirt. England have no one like Ross still in the side and although, owing to injury, he could never have made the squad I think he has to come into the reckoning if he gets back to those levels.

Lastly.. im Not a scouser, I’m South African with a British mom.. when Barkley was being left out I think it was late 2016 early 2017 I basically boycotted England for 9 months. Not that they noticed but it showed I care more for Everton. Now with Pickford in the side I want to see him do well first then England 2nd.. so I’m screaming for England tonight so “our” boy can bring it home.

I supported Belgium last night because I would love to see Roberto exorcise those Everton demons and enjoy success. Fellaini and Lukaku too actually. They were Everton players, not Evertonians.. so I have no ill feeling to any of them.

Would I be supporting England over Belgium if they had picked Hart.. impossible to say until you are in front of the screen and the first goal goes in. Then only you know where the truth lies..

Evertonian first I think!

if I was asked to choose between seeing Everton win the Premier League (or even a Cup), or England winning the World Cup... the answer is simple... England.

i've seen Everton win the league/cups before in the 80s, so them doing it again would be nothing new for me... don't get me wrong, it would be good to see it happen, but not life changing.

on the other hand, i've seen England win the Rugby World Cup and the Ashes... and a World Cup win would be 10x bigger than either of them.

What the hell???????

Everton for me,100 million %

LOL

Lad, have a word

I've enjoyed the England journey to the semis, but never been overly bothered by them in truth in the past, and to be honest i dont know many scousers who are that arsed about the national team. Everton has always been my concern. I served the country for 8 years so must have a sense of patriotism, but far more proud to be Scouse than I am English.

Status
Not open for further replies.