Schrodingers Katwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schrödinger's Cat is a widely discredited thought experiment and has almost no standing in the modern interpretation of quantum mechanics.

It was devised as an argument against the Copenhagen interpretation because Schrödinger couldn't accept the idea of uncertainty in a state until it is observed, and therefore changed.

You could leave the cat in there for a million years and (provided it hasn't died of old age) the odds of it being dead or alive when observed would always be equal, 0.5 in each case.

So the longer we're kept in the dark, the odds of us being bought or not bought will not change.

Just saying.

BLUE BILL IN.

It is the expectation of the observer that dictates the outcome of the experiment.

50% chance of being dead? So, if I ring up the club and enquire after that B. Kat it'll either be alive (50%) or dead (50%). What's the number again - need to make two calls...

Well, according to Chaos theory the hard you look for something the more elusive it becomes.

So perhaps we should all stop looking and we will find it...

Well, according to Chaos theory the hard you look for something the more elusive it becomes.

So perhaps we should all stop looking and we will find it...

I heard something along the lines "seek and yee shall find".

Also, a good one: we pursue that which retreats from us. Good dating tip. Don't stalk or chase, doesn't endear them to you

i remember a proverb, possibly chinese, possibly from a steven seagal film, might even be taoist....

about a raging river that young men were jumping in as a challenge, none of them could negotiate the fierce torrent.

then an old man jumped in and travelled the length of the rapids, no probs.

How did you do it Master? they all asked

well, he said, i didn't challenge the water , i let it carry me up and under and along.

Bates the Monk was very smart, .....or possibly drunk, ....or high on drugs.

I probably got the story wrong.

What if there was no cat in the first place? What if the mere thought of the cat is enough to make it a being?

Status
Not open for further replies.