Homepage Update: Sandro makes Sevilla switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because in the current market what we paid for Sandro is absolute buttons. In the space of half a season he's had three different managers, a load of new team mates, moved to a new country and after a handful of games we are moving him on.

Now we all know he hasn't set the world alight for us but how can you expect players to improve and become consistent performers if you look to move them on so quickly? Is it not the job of the manager and the training staff to at least have a go at improving a promising youngster who bagged 15 goals in arguably Europe's best league? (Prem for me but...)

What happens if Tosun struggles to adapt to our hit and hope system? Do we sack him off back to Turkey at the end of the season? Surely players have to be given the time they need to settle in before being written off because they can't perform when surrounded by 5 players with no out ball.

It's only been a few weeks and I'm already sick to the back teeth of being fcking hoof ball merchants.

It’s a shame that he hasn’t had more of an opportunity to prove himself but what can we do with him right now? We haven’t got an opportunity to give him a run of games, he hasn’t took the opportunities he has had - he came on against Chelsea (I think, around Xmas) and didn’t look interested. A loan move suits both. 3 different managers have had a look at him in training and none have saw anything from him to give him a go, he’s not the first player to look decent in Spain but struggle here.

If Tosun struggles then I’d assume we’ll be looking at other options in the summer.

Was never given a chance really. I think he's asked for the move to get off this sinking ship. Fair play to him. Wish him luck and hope he goes on to score loads of goals.

Sky. Says it’s a non-compulsory £9m fee.

9m is a bag of chips in today's football, could have him sat around doing nothing and he'd still fetch what we paid for him. Our club is a shambles. I hope that non-compulsory part applies to us so we have the final decision.

What if he bangs in 10-15 to end of season?
Well then he will have done it in Spain and not in the Premier League to be fair... We knew he could score in Spain; we wanted to see him do it in England. Shame he didn't have much opportunity to do so.

Yeah sign a 22 year old lad for a pretty much no risk fee, stick him in a side that doesn't create much, decide he's had his chance to shine in a handful of games and then loan him out to a side in the last 16 of the Champions League and 6th in La Liga.

Sound.

When did everybody become so impatient again? Remember a few years back when players had a bit of goodwill when they made a move because not everyone can hit the ground running. These days your fcked off after half a season.

We bought far too many players and simply don't have the time to persist with all of them. Inevtiable some would be moved on, especially since almost every signing has been so poor.

This is just the beginning of the club acknowledging the shambolic nature of last summer's transfer dealings.

Hope those responsible have learnt their lesson, but I fear not given the activity during the present window.

Bye Sandro, hope it works out for him, and given where he is going it probably will.

I haven't seen enough of him to say what his best position is.

I just don't think he's that good a footballer. Something very Niasse about him. I never liked him from the first game.

Thought he lacked pace.... But again, hard to judge from the little opportunities he was given...

Aye this is what it comes down to. Either he didn't have the game or he just totally never settled in to the country. He's clearly not a bad player as he's done the business in the past in a good league; but he's probably a bad player for this league.

Was worth a gamble at the price, didn't work out, neither the player nor the club to blame for this one - it's just one of them things.

We bought far too many players and simply don't have the time to persist with all of them. Inevtiable some would be moved on, especially since almost every signing has been so poor.

If that's the case what on earth is Steve Walsh still doing in a job with us? If a signing doesn't work out then by all means move them on but after 4 months this all stinks of a lack of patience and quality behind the scenes.

If we are finding it hard to give him game time then loan him out to another club in England and try and get him ready for next season. Instead we've decided to write him off. He's 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.