Homepage Update: Sandro makes Sevilla switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sign a 22 year old lad for a pretty much no risk fee, stick him in a side that doesn't create much, decide he's had his chance to shine in a handful of games and then loan him out to a side in the last 16 of the Champions League and 6th in La Liga.

Sound.

When did everybody become so impatient again? Remember a few years back when players had a bit of goodwill when they made a move because not everyone can hit the ground running. These days your fcked off after half a season.

Ridiculous fee been agreed upon for a proven scorer in his home country.

Likelyhood of him returning would have depended massively on Big Sam getting the boot which i think we all pray for but the loan back to Spain suggest there is no confidence in him having a future in England.

9 million though is ridiculous i'd expect Sevilla to pay that even if he's average, a proper pre season and settling back in to an environment he's grew up in and everyone speaks his language will only be a matter of time till he starts scoring goals again which makes re-sale alone worthwhile.

Another Steve Walsh calamity deal.

He might not have a choice. If he goes there and is rubbish no one will pay his wages. He will either have to take a pay cut (unlikely) or we will have to keep him or subsidize his wages (again unlikely).

I hope he does well and we can all move on but if that happens it will bring in to question why neither Koeman, Unsworth and now Big Sam didn't give him a chance.

My assumption of him is that he's a number 10....we shouldn't have signed him along with Rooney and Sigurdsson (and Klaasen).... We could have had 100 different managers this season and none of them would have given him a chance ahead of Rooney or Sigurdsson..... Its been said many times, but our transfer activity last summer was baffling

At what point mate? We’re struggling & fighting for for every point. He wouldn’t have got a look in this season.

Not one person rated him judging to the reaction to his performances, now he’s gone on loan everyone’s heads fell off.

Seen the state of our team? He never even got a proper run in the team to see what he was like.

Status
Not open for further replies.