Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
50+ years a blue now and I hate him more than anyone else ever associated with Everton, I just want him to crawl back under his money filled rock and disappear for life

Totally 100% agree! In 1968 I was the little lad age 8 (like that little arsenal fan in today’s papers!) crying at Wembley when Geoff Astle scored that goal! I’ve seen Mike Walker, Walter Smith, Martinez and Koeman all manage this club and never felt so apathetic about a manager!

For over fifty years my weekends have either been made or ruined by the Everton result whether watching it at Goodison or at away games (mainly in the 70’s and 80’s), or on the telly - originally MoTD and now Sky! Even with Walker and a Smith I always watched the game win or lose, and when we won watched it again and again recording it on VHS!

However here we are now and I haven’t been to Goodison since he was appointed and the way I feel now I won’t be back while he’s there! I haven’t watched MoTD for weeks, it’s deleted off the planner now, even her who must be obeyed has noticed that! The last couple of live Everton games on Sky i’ve switched off way before the end, and I no longer watch the thirty minutes of “highlights” on Sky on a Saturday night!

But what I have noticed and it’s a horrible feeling, is that win or lose I no longer care as much! Even under Martinez and Koeman when it was good the weekend was great, when it was bad the weekend was awful and it made me angry and not good to be around!

Now it’s not bothering me as much either way, if we win ok it’s a win, if we lose it’s expected and it doesn’t hurt like it did even three months ago! It annoys me I no longer care as much and it’s all down to the appointment of him as manager, a terrible appointment that I still can’t quite believe! Sam Allardyce as Everton manager - it’s a disgrace!

He needs to be gone within five minutes of the end of the last game of the season, if not before!

Totally 100% agree! In 1968 I was the little lad age 8 (like that little arsenal fan in today’s papers!) crying at Wembley when Geoff Astle scored that goal! I’ve seen Mike Walker, Walter Smith, Martinez and Koeman all manage this club and never felt so apathetic about a manager!

For over fifty years my weekends have either been made or ruined by the Everton result whether watching it at Goodison or at away games (mainly in the 70’s and 80’s), or on the telly - originally MoTD and now Sky! Even with Walker and a Smith I always watched the game win or lose, and when we won watched it again and again recording it on VHS!

However here we are now and I haven’t been to Goodison since he was appointed and the way I feel now I won’t be back while he’s there! I haven’t watched MoTD for weeks, it’s deleted off the planner now, even her who must be obeyed has noticed that! The last couple of live Everton games on Sky i’ve switched off way before the end, and I no longer watch the thirty minutes of “highlights” on Sky on a Saturday night!

But what I have noticed and it’s a horrible feeling, is that win or lose I no longer care as much! Even under Martinez and Koeman when it was good the weekend was great, when it was bad the weekend was awful and it made me angry and not good to be around!

Now it’s not bothering me as much either way, if we win ok it’s a win, if we lose it’s expected and it doesn’t hurt like it did even three months ago! It annoys me I no longer care as much and it’s all down to the appointment of him as manager, a terrible appointment that I still can’t quite believe! Sam Allardyce as Everton manager - it’s a disgrace!

He needs to be gone within five minutes of the end of the last game of the season, if not before!

Us oldies have suffered a lot over the years but this Allardyce character takes it to another level

The explanation you give on how you feel is basically depression (definition; feelings of severe despondency and dejection). This definition is now pandemic (definition; prevalent across the whole club). The cure is too remove the root cause.

Great post, I was 6 months old at Wembley in 68 that's when I guess it all started for me, a family day out in those days, My Grandad, Nan, Dad, Mum and even the dog donning Blue and White rosettes, I don't remember it obviously but what I do know it was instilled in us to love this club and all it throws at you and here I am nearly a full 50 years later, loving, hating, crying, laughing and cheering all the way, until HE arrived. I will love this club to my dying day, support them whatever but I cannot console myself that in History Books in the future it will read "Sam Allardyce - Everton Manager" he should never have been allowed anywhere near this club and should be binned off asap, don't wait until end of season. The new gaffer needs to be in asap to start the rebuilding. Be gone Sam, let me love wholeheartedly again!

Toffee Forever, COYB

I worked with a guy on a few work contracts abroad and he was soo kin technically inefficient at his job....he was so confident of his ability and if there was an issue it always anything but him...an absolute master at deflecting towards something or someone else...Gravy guzzler is of the same kind of mould...hopefully the article tonight is the first of many having a pop...he has a lot of friends in the media so might be tough..only way is a to cut all his supplies of gravy browning/granules immediately..that could work:rolleyes:

I think there are a few main things that will count against him when it comes to the decision Moshiri has to make in the summer.

1. The Left Back situation. This was obviously an issue caused by Koeman originally before Allardyce arrived but he had a month to find a left back in January and if he couldn't get a suitable one, he has Garbutt. Most of our problems stem from this weakness and the imbalance it gives the team. That's without getting in to how suspect Martina is as a player anyway.

2. His style of play and tactics away from home. He has no intention to try and beat the poor sides, and we've been hammered against the good teams in a couple of games. This was something he needed to change if he was going to win over our fans who were 50/50 on him. He's failed.

3. His stubbornness. He's sent out Lookman on loan when he could have provided us with the threat we're lacking in most games. But above all else it's his stubbornness (like most managers who don't succeed) and blaming everyone but himself when things don't go to plan. This will surely be noticed by Moshiri and won't go down well with the squad having the sole blame placed on them when it is a combination of them and the manager.

Where I do disagree with most is that 'we were fine' before he came in. We weren't and the players in this imbalanced set up are a long way from being good enough. The players have to take some responsibility for the way they play and whilst Allardyce made tactical mistakes on Saturday, the players didn't do what was expected of them yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.