Sam Allardyce/Sammy Lee/Craig Shakespeare

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 120 33.1%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 242 66.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think given your situation, he is the best man for the job. In a couple of years, he will take you at least to around 10th, which was more or less where you were under Martinez anyway. So I don’t really see where this takes the club backwards like posts here suggest. He may not be a fashionable name but he gets results.

Ok.

I can't believe we've sunk so low. This smacks of desperation.

Sure he may get results, he may keep us up (the jury is out on how he's going to work miracles with this squad mind you), but it's the very nature of the man, particularly off the field.

I swore if Big Sam was appointed I'd stop watching...except I'm taking our wee lad to his first ever game this Saturday! <sigh>

What the actual...has happened to our club?

1711292036190112.jpeg

Jesus Christ. It’s actually happened. We had to do something mind. We’re the worst team in the league right now by some distance.

@GrandOldTeam would like to hear your input about the appointment

Thanks mate but how come my view?

I try and sit on the fence as best as I can...

Personally I think it's an appointment made through at best fear, at worst, board ineptitude. In reality it's probably somewhere in the middle.

I think the boards confidence currently isn't too far away from the players and there's some fear that we could go into absolute free-fall with relegation a real risk, but the board have been inept in handling the transition from Koeman.

It's abundantly clear Allardyce was never near the top of the boards list and I think we should have kept Koeman, sacked week 9 - we're now week 14, until we had a better idea of who could come in and replace him. For me it's another sign that the board don't know their arse from their elbow. I'd love (and expected) Moshiri to change the old guard and make sweeping changes but it doesn't look like it's going to happen so I hope he's here just to brush up before Usmanov comes in and we see significant change. Long shot...

The only saving grace I cling on to is, Allardyce knows the league better than most who we could have brought in and we start to build for next season now, I hope the board intend to change it on the final day of the season no matter how well he performs.

So we've signed a manager who has won nothing,just like the last one,and the one before that won an FA Cup but got his team relegated but won nothing with us.The one before him was here for years and won nothing either.What's all the fuss about?

Game Over. I won’t set foot in Goodison (nor away). Nor sink one more penny or minute into Everton while Kenwright is Chairman and Fat Sam Allardyce is the Manager. All my family are the same. You’ve got Blues going back 70 years in that lot.

Change the motto while we’re at it

Saddest day of 48 years being a Blue.

Sammy f’ing Lee...

Commendable.

So we've signed a manager who has won nothing,just like the last one,and the one before that won an FA Cup but got his team relegated.The one before him was here for years and won nothing either.What's all the fuss about?
Exactly, and he thoroughly deserves the best financial package he has ever had in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.