Transfer Rumour Salomon Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there ever was a league of farmers, Dalian's would be worthy of taking that crown.

It's hilarious how people said Kean was useless playing in a league of farmers while playing for PSG, but suddenly Rondon who played in a literal league of farmers is effective

I swear the world just keeps getting more and more stupid
Rondon has played and done well in the Premiership whereas Kean has not.
Kean did well in France but he had Neymar and Mbappe on either side of him. I would guess that any striker would score goals when playing with those .

I'm only reporting what was said mate, like you I'm going to wait till the end of the day and see what happens but I can't say I'm overly confident.
To be honest, I was getting used to him coming as a back up to DCL. Similar player, has played in the Prem before, short term contract, on a free and decent wage demands. £100k+ per week, if true, just blows all that out of the water. If we didn't walk away from this I'd be disappointed in the club, given the way we're handling the James situation.

To be honest, I was getting used to him coming as a back up to DCL. Similar player, has played in the Prem before, short term contract, on a free and decent wage demands. £100k+ per week, if true, just blows all that out of the water. If we didn't walk away from this I'd be disappointed in the club, given the way we're handling the James situation.
Yeah we would just end up in another Bernard situation with a bench player on stupid money. It does'nt seem like we can do much anyway till the James situation is sorted anyway.

I find that level of wage hard to believe , we have spent the summer penny pinching and trying to move on players , I doubt that we will go back and repeat our past mistakes.
Rondon is hardly a player in demand all over Europe.

I find that level of wage hard to believe , we have spent the summer penny pinching and trying to move on players , I doubt that we will go back and repeat our past mistakes.
Rondon is hardly a player in demand all over Europe.
TBH, early on in the window I just didn't want him full stop, but the longer the window went on and the more our financial situation became apparent, the deal started to make more sense. But throughout there were always whispers about him being on big bucks in China. We'll see how this plays out. As you know you can't believe everything you see in the media.

A penny more than 35k a week is ridiculous. He's 32, his current club are in China, he was never all that when he was younger.

On a nominal wage and a 1 year contract, I can see the sense owing to our financial restraints, but, if the sums being bandied about at the moment are true, it would be madness.

Mind you we are Everton.

I have this horrible feeling that Arteta is going to say no, Porto is going to say no, James is going to say no and Rondon will be forced upon us at 100k a week for two years.

Not sure how we have managed to get ourselves in this situation (again) where we are chasing a second or third rate aging striker on the last day of the window.

50k a week tops for 1 year contract otherwise nah!

If DCL gets injured or knackered then Richi up front (and on pens) as we have 2 decent wingers now.

Not sure how we have managed to get ourselves in this situation (again) where we are chasing a second or third rate aging striker on the last day of the window.

If DCL gets injured or knackered then Richi up front (and on pens) as we have 2 decent wingers now.
Wouldn't imagine he would get out of bed for 50k it's going to be nearer 100k

Spot on, don't want that bit of old age garbage.

How hard can this be?

Everton still hope to complete a move for Salomon Rondon before tonight's deadline.

The subject of interest from manager Rafael Benitez earlier in the window, Rondon is back on the agenda after Moise Kean's move to Juventus. Although an agreement is yet to be reached, The Athletic understands there is still hope that a resolution can be found before the window closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.