2022/23 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOOOOOOO

It's not often I begrudge people the wages they earn, no matter how high they are. This fella though should've had his contracted terminated when he showed up so out of shape and spent nearly the whole season trying to get fit when the reality is, this level is too high for him. Worst ever signing has to be, pound for pound.(wages)

BOOOOOOOO

It's not often I begrudge people the wages they earn, no matter how high they are. This fella though should've had his contracted terminated when he showed up so out of shape and spent nearly the whole season trying to get fit when the reality is, this level is too high for him. Worst ever signing has to be, pound for pound.(wages)
To be fair, it was a bold pound for pound improvement strategy just going for increasing the weight poundage.

Talk about putting all your all you can eat buffet on one plate.

I’d keep him till January as an option then try and move him on. Think we might need him for the odd 5/10 mins here and there.

Depth is still a problem. Here and in the derby we were sucking wind at the end and holding on for dear life.

Rondon gave us a bit of an outlet. He was able to take passes , hold them up, and in a couple of cases flick them on. Nothing fancy, but it let us relieve the pressure, get back into shape, and kill a bit of time.

Not going to make the North v South All Star Game, but serviceable in his own small but helpful way.

He came in as an alternative target man for when Calvert lewin wasn’t available and ended up starting 8 games. If anything I would imagine he got less chances to lead the line than he expected.
No he didn't. He came in as a squad filler and back up to Richie and Dom. No way was he signed as a regular starter.

Depth is still a problem. Here and in the derby we were sucking wind at the end and holding on for dear life.

Rondon gave us a bit of an outlet. He was able to take passes , hold them up, and in a couple of cases flick them on. Nothing fancy, but it let us relieve the pressure, get back into shape, and kill a bit of time.

Not going to make the North v South All Star Game, but serviceable in his own small but helpful way.

The problem, is that he can only sustain any level of intensity for about five minutes, after that he`s looking for the oxygen mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.