2022/23 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else do we have? I'd put Keane up front in this situation I'll be honest, but that aint going to happen. So Rondon it is, support him for a week or two.
No, he is just a reminder of last season to me. Who, other than Benitez, could have dreamed this lad could still play top class football? Play a teenager, play a midfielder, but, don't play this waste of space.

He actually did ok though in the hour of need, don't quite get the bitterness against this player. Far more others worthy of a tongue lash.
If you don't get it, fair enough, but mate, he really didn't do ok. I played against better centre forwards in the Zingari league and the county combination. He is earning a fortune as a professional athlete and is at least a stone over weight and can't run.

Obviously passed his best. If he can drum up the wherewithal to be a target man, an effective outlet to relieve the pressure and keep hold of the ball long enough to get us up the pitch a bit, then I think he can be of help in this hour of need and finish his career with one last hurrah ...

Look at one stage he wasn't awful

He was fine as back up

Since getting back from China he was forced to play far more than possibly intended due to Dom's injury and he clearly wasn't ready or physically capable of doing so

If his fitness is better now then he could possibly be what he was supposed to be all along, a back up striker who plays the odd game

In that role he might have a future at the club

However, if Dom's injury ends up being worse than previously expected and Rondon has to play large chunks of the season again then it might be time to worry

He was fine as back up
No
Since getting back from China he was forced to play far more than possibly intended
How dare we ask that from a player.

In that role he might have a future at the club
Again no.

Gaurantee that when his contract ends he will be gone and and if someone was remotely interested before that time we'd be trying to shift him.

He is useless and offers zero.

I hate it when people say older player s are crap. Loads saying that about Coleman last season. What a great servant to the club. Yes he is coming to the end of his time here, but he gave everything to keep us up. It's ok to say they aren't up to it anymore, but not their fault they are getting on in football terms and nothing to do with effort.

Ronon (not comparing him to Coleman, just thatis just passed his best, happens to everyone. If he was here when he was at West Brom or Newcastle, he'd of been ok as a cover for our main striker. At the moment he is all we've got. Should we not support him a bit? Because we need him. Hopefully he will be replaced soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.