2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boo bhoys have found their replacement for Siggurdsson.

Lad was never signed to play games week in week out.

I don't think he was that bad. That's not being an apologist either, I think Benitez got it wrong yesterday so will be critical where needed. When balls went into the box, he made things happen. Outside of that, not doing a lot. Hopefully Dom is back soon!

Honestly, signing this lump and playing him over one of our young strikers is a really sad reflection of how poor we are run as a club. Someone like Dobbin could not have done worse in every game Rondon has played.

Was he actually winning any aerial duels? Even when he got his head to something, it went nowhere near a teammate. I don't feel for him, but fair enough he doesn't pick himself.

He was up against 2 big centre ha;ves and thought he competed well for what were essentially long punts.

Be interesting to see how he does with Richarlison doing more of the donkey work / running. A few times on Sunday no one was in the box when the ball went wide as he was chugging outside the box and couldn't make the run quick enough.

If we can have him just in and around the box with Richarlison/Gray/Townsend buzzing around hopefully he can get on the end of something.

By the sounds of things DCL will be out for another few weeks so we'll have to make do.
No it won't! It'll be interesting to see Richarlison in his place

I don't think he was that bad. That's not being an apologist either, I think Benitez got it wrong yesterday so will be critical where needed. When balls went into the box, he made things happen. Outside of that, not doing a lot. Hopefully Dom is back soon!
Rumours aren't good on DCL.

Thats the thing though mate, I don't like Benitez, don't want him as manager but he is the manager so it is what it is. I've given him credit for what looks to be 2 cracking signings in Gray and Townsend for pennies.

I'm not saying Rondon is dreadful because Benitez signed him, I'm saying he's dreadful because he's absolutely dreadful and if Guardiola signed him I'd be saying what a dreadful signing that is.

If he keeps playing hin and he keeps turning in performances like he has, well that will be an easy stick to beat Benitez with and that'll be on him.

I was made a fool to write off DCL so quick so im not going to call this fella the worst signing of all time after just 4-5 games mate.

I think some need to just judge after Xmas when their can be no excuses over his fitness and the proof will be in the pudding one way or another.

Either way he was a free transfer so most sensible fans expected he would be a squaddie at best - outside of the big hitters most free transfers and players going for pennies are bang average - Segundo Castillo & Stracularsi just some that spring to mind under Moyes when we were skint.

He’s third choice striker for a reason - I imagine Benitez wanted him as an option to throw on and add a bit of threat in last ten minutes of games as Richarlison and DCL play 90 minutes when fit.

I actually didn’t mind him as an option when he came in but he has looked very out of shape and that he cannot have an impact from the start.

He’s third choice striker for a reason - I imagine Benitez wanted him as an option to throw on and add a bit of threat in last ten minutes of games as Richarlison and DCL play 90 minutes when fit.

I actually didn’t mind him as an option when he came in but he has looked very out of shape and that he cannot have an impact from the start.
he is a proffesional athlete who just had two weeks of gym work time to get fit. He looked like he spent the 2 weeks in the pub!

Rondon is not an automatic starter for Everton. He was brought in to serve as a backup - probably as a third choice striker. If he is a great player, he would have been playing in other clubs...I was just hoping for an adequate back up, at the least, be a handful for opposition defenders. He seemed to improved a bit against Man Utd but that performance against West Ham was difficult to watch.

With his recent form, I think we should try Lewis Dobbin (or sub him in earlier for Rondon). He'll most likely put in a poor performance (or ineffective) but at least he gets some experience, before our true no. 9 returns.

I was made a fool to write off DCL so quick so im not going to call this fella the worst signing of all time after just 4-5 games mate.

I think some need to just judge after Xmas when their can be no excuses over his fitness and the proof will be in the pudding one way or another.

Either way he was a free transfer so most sensible fans expected he would be a squaddie at best - outside of the big hitters most free transfers and players going for pennies are bang average - Segundo Castillo & Stracularsi just some that spring to mind under Moyes when we were skint.
I think we are the proof and Rondon is the pudding.

Rondon is stracularsi wannabe

I know people are saying he wasn’t bought to start but I think he was. Not every week of course but I think he was bought to play when DCL wasn’t available, and that’s exactly what he’s being asked to do. There’s nothing in his past record or his current performances to suggest he was bought to be an impact sub, he’d be way down the list if you just wanted someone to throw on for 10 minutes hoping for a goal, even tosun is better suited to that job. Whatever the plan was he’s still getting paid to perform and he isn’t doing it.

He was up against 2 big centre ha;ves and thought he competed well for what were essentially long punts.
Did he win a header? He never starting running until the 80th minute. You could hear the crowd getting more and more pissed off with him as the match went on. Didn’t hear one positive thing about him in the street end. Only we could spend the amount we have and end up with a fat cart horse as our 9, regardless of weather he’s first choice or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.