2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Tosun will work much harder knowing that he's off in Jan or June at the latest (end of contract) and will give his %100 before going afar, Salomon though knows that he's here till June 2023. Baffling.
And whatever his shortcomings, Tosun does at least put it all in every time - can't fault his workrate. Can't help but think that Rondon should be a bit more up to speed now he's had a bit of game time and presumably a good few training sessions, but he looks no sharper than when he first appeared. He hadn't played since May, etc., but how long can he remain this rusty?

Rondon actually had the better Conversion Rate % in the Premier League in comparison to Tosun. Cenk averages a 20% CR% but Rondon sits around 25% (if you don't factor in the last few seasons). Since the 2019/20 season however, he's yet to score, so Rondon is actually sat around the 16% mark.

Just for reference, you compare that to Danny Ings back to 2017, who's Conversion Rate % is 30% - we're starting a guy statistically half as good.

For me, that warrants playing Cenk until Rondon reaches whatever full-fitness looks like for him (or even Dobbin?).

And whatever his shortcomings, Tosun does at least put it all in every time - can't fault his workrate. Can't help but think that Rondon should be a bit more up to speed now he's had a bit of game time and presumably a good few training sessions, but he looks no sharper than when he first appeared. He hadn't played since May, etc., but how long can he remain this rusty?
There is no difference between now and how he played against Villa. That was about 5 weeks ago. There is no excuse for not getting up to speed, it's the least we should expect.

File him same place as Kone and Angell.

It will take some doing to come back from the groan when he stood on the ball and that blokes face.

Not quite sure his day went as well as you hoped!

He had a poor game but meh I think the hate of the guy is OTT.

Blokes 32 and had COVID/not played in 5 months since playing in a bum league and has been thrown in the deep end due to our bad luck with injuries.

Its the similiar story with the manager - people blame the guy who's been here 5 minutes and not Brands/Unsworth/the medic team / chairman etc who've ran us like a circus for years

Blokes 32 and had COVID/not played in 5 months since playing in a bum league and has been thrown in the deep end due to our bad luck with injuries.

Its the similiar story with the manager - people blame the guy who's been here 5 minutes and not Brands/Unsworth/the medic team / chairman etc who've ran us like a circus for years

Has he had a good game?

I know what you are saying mate but this cat is earning Premier League money, I think fans are entitled to say he's not good enough for whatever multi million pound contract he is on, He's genuinely past it at this level, 32 it's not coming back now after 2 years in a mickey mouse league against sub standard players.

So yeah it bothers me greatly the shape he is in., the money he is earning when he isn't good enough for that shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.