2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can understand why benitez took the gamble on him because its very similar to Townsend. A former player of his who is reaching the end of their career and is on a free. A player who he could rely on in the past.

Unfortunately while townsend has worked out well this one doesn't seem to. He should be nearing full match fitness by now but looks slow, not sharp in possession and not an improvement on King or tosun really.

King wasn't really given a fair chance by ancelotti but at least he had pace that could stretch teams and cause problems. Its very hard to see what this version of Rondon offers us and Benitez will be the first to know that.

For anyone saying this one's on Benitez. Well in the same breath you can also say the master signing of Townsend is too. Some gambles you win some you lose.

he is a great Everton signing...one straight off the production line of great signings we have made this past few years. Our DoF needs to take a bow. The irony being, that our DoF has significantly diminished our brand.

Everton that

NSNO

….i said before the match that his objective was to occupy the CBs and give them a difficult game. I think both defenders wore flip flops, Rondon couldn’t even do the basics protecting a ball played into him. Totally ineffective display.

I have a test that I’ve spoken about before. I think of the CBs talking about the game on the trip home and wonder what they say about their opponent. I suspect they didn’t mention Rondon and even if they did they were laughing.

….i said before the match that his objective was to occupy the CBs and give them a difficult game. I think both defenders wore flip flops, Rondon couldn’t even do the basics protecting a ball played into him. Totally ineffective display.

I have a test that I’ve spoken about before. I think of the CBs talking about the game on the trip home and wonder what they say about their opponent. I suspect they didn’t mention Rondon and even if they did they were laughing.
You may have only one working eye mate and watched the game from a weird angle, but that certainly hasn't affected your judgment Egg's.

If I had to put my finger on the biggest difference between the two teams I'd say it was him and Antonio. One was non existent and the other gave a masterclass in hold up play.

Hope you're doing better today mate

I think we are being slightly harsh here about Rondon, for the most part he was extremely isolated. He wasn't good don't get me wrong but I felt he did hold up his fair share especially in the second half, he was also inches away with that deft header, if that goes in, this whole conversation doesn't happen.

I'd be very happy to see him contribute something , anything in a match.

Carry on defending the indefensible amigo at least it distracts us from how bad Everton played.

I pity you if you spend your time fuming at a free transfer.

Fume all the way at Tosun or Iwobi they cost a combined £54 million which is why we were in a position of needing to scramble around for Rondon in the first place.

I pity you if you spend your time fuming at a free transfer.

Fume all the way at Tosun or Iwobi they cost a combined £54 million which is why we were in a position of needing to scramble around for Rondon in the first place.

Again, just because there is no transfer fee it doesnt mean the player is free.

Signing fee
Agent fee
Wages
Bonuses

Certainly not 'free'.

Terrible business.

Status
Not open for further replies.