2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is clearly overweight and unfit lack of match sharpness is one thing but this is a professional footballer who is over weight and can neither run nor jump. He was signed as cover and was unable to provide us with acceptable cover when required.

This is a 32 year old who has not played top class football for 2 years. As impressed as I am with Benitez signing Townsend and Gray this signing is a horror story. Even if he gets his fitness back and is a competent squad filler he should never have been signed in his physical condition. To have been given 2 years at his age and fitness level is laughable.

Bottom line is, he was signed to cover DCL and Richarlison and when he was required he wasn't able to do it adequately.

He is clearly overweight and unfit lack of match sharpness is one thing but this is a professional footballer who is over weight and can neither run nor jump. He was signed as cover and was unable to provide us with acceptable cover when required.

This is a 32 year old who has not played top class football for 2 years. As impressed as I am with Benitez signing Townsend and Gray this signing is a horror story. Even if he gets his fitness back and is a competent squad filler he should never have been signed in his physical condition. To have been given 2 years at his age and fitness level is laughable.

Bottom line is, he was signed to cover DCL and Richarlison and when he was required he wasn't able to do it adequately.

Its weird....doesnt sound like many other sides were in for him so surely we could have got him on a 1 year deal with a 1 year option.

I’m not having a go of his effort just his ability.
He can’t jump
He can’t press
Hold up play is none existent
Goal threat none existent
No pace
Doesnt make good runs in and around the box

I haven’t seen any of the above in 4 consecutive games! That’s nothing to do with fitness
Jumping and pressing = physical condition

Pace - never had any.

Runs? Not fit. Hold up play? Decent.

Gotta say he's one of those strikers who has you on the edge of your seat - that chance where he let the ball bounce up before lashing it at goal was awesome - good defending by Utd otherwise that would have rifled in the back of the net.
Many fans said he should have hit first time, I think he flick and volley showed decent flair.

Hitting the ball going across you in line with the follow through is a tricky one to get good contact on. Most end up being dragged.

As useless as he was yesterday beats having an untried youngster upfront or putting demarai away from the free roam position he does so well in. The likes of Simms are still recovering from serious injury and Dobbin is green as heck.
Dobbin might be quicker and a better option to snatch a chance later on but I’d rather Rondon upfront from the start for the bulk of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.