2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I wasn’t I thought Gray was good business and if you think Rondon at 31 years and 48 weeks was great business it’s not worth arguing with you because we will never agree in a month of Sundays, but, it’s all about opinions, or should be. I’m happy for you and your love for Benitez, I don’t share it but I will get on with it and hope that he makes a success of it, I’ll never be able to do much more than tolerate him, but, that doesn’t make me any less of a Blue than any other fan

I respect their opinions, even if I don’t share them and I would like the same consideration from other Blues on here.
hmm, I'm not sure your last thousand posts holds much evidence of you 'getting on with it and hoping he makes a success of it'. The opposite really. Which is fair enough, as you say everyone is entitled to their opinion. But relentless negativity in the face of three wins and a draw from the first 4 games (three away) inheriting the horror show he did I think should be called out for what it is.

hmm, I'm not sure your last thousand posts holds much evidence of you 'getting on with it and hoping he makes a success of it'. The opposite really. Which is fair enough, as you say everyone is entitled to their opinion. But relentless negativity in the face of three wins and a draw from the first 4 games (three away) inheriting the horror show he did I think should be called out for what it is.
I have given him credit for his start which I think has been surprisingly good. I’m sure you’re aware of that, having read my last thousand posts.

Love this signing. Fits us perfectly in that he can play by himself or with Dom.

Dom and Rondon are going to be a handful. Rondon might not start every game, but he's a great option. I see him getting maybe 20 starts during the season and coming off the bench for the others.

He's a right good player this lad. Vastly, vastly underated by many who have never really seen him play. Wouldn't imagine there would be many better forwards willing to play second fiddle and prepared to come here.

He's gonna surprise a lot on here. Outstanding link and hold up play due to his technical ability and first touch, quicker than you'd think. He's a very, very good back up to have. I've a feeling he'll push DCL for that starting berth as well as the season goes on.
Wow. Hope you're right amigo. Makes you wonder why there weren't other clubs in for him.

I was pretty underwhelmed when we were first linked. But, I can see the sense behind the signing, especially as he'll fit the system.

Read about Benitez coaching him and I think he's going to be a useful part of the squad, think he keeps defenders honest and has a few goals in him.

I was pretty underwhelmed when we were first linked. But, I can see the sense behind the signing, especially as he'll fit the system.

Read about Benitez coaching him and I think he's going to be a useful part of the squad, think he keeps defenders honest and has a few goals in him.
I think people will be pleasantly surprised with him.

This is also probably the best side he has ever played in, so let’s see what he can do.

Whilst in some ways he is similar to DCL, I actually think he is more capable of creating something for himself.

I have no doubts he will become a cult figure with his all action displays, it's the goalscoring I hope he can deliver on as we are so short of people who can hit even 10 goals/ assists. Anyway he talks a good game, let's see how China has affected him.

Love this signing. Fits us perfectly in that he can play by himself or with Dom.

Dom and Rondon are going to be a handful. Rondon might not start every game, but he's a great option. I see him getting maybe 20 starts during the season and coming off the bench for the others.
He will allow us to give Dom a bit of a rest here and there. He won’t have to play every minute of every game. I can see Rondon coming on for the last half an hour of games we’re ahead in to replace in DCL, or coming on and joining him if we’re chasing a game.

I think he is a signing that make sense. At this stage of his career, he is not expecting to be given the starting spot. And we need a DCL backup who knows his role as a squad player, gives his best during training and be ready when called upon. Randon is relatively inexpensive and on short term contract. I hope he'll score some goals and turn in good performances when called upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.