Saturday, 28 April 2007
Barclays Premiership
Everton v Man Utd, 12:00- LOSS

Saturday, 05 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Everton v Portsmouth, 15:00- WIN

Sunday, 13 May 2007
Barclays Premiership
Chelsea v Everton, 15:00- (dependent on whether Chelsea can win the title)

Now that would give us 18 points and that I believe will take us to 6th Place and europe.

Take a look at the other teams run in around us:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/fixtures/default.stm- PORTSMOUTH

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/reading/fixtures/default.stm- READING

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/fixtures/default.stm- BOLTON

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/fixtures/default.stm- SPURS

Now out of those teams I actually think we have the dare I say easier run in- especially playing Manure and Chelski towards teh end of the season if the Premiership has been wrapped up.

I reckon if we keep our squad fit and dont get many suspensions we have got a real chance of getting into Europe and getting into europe makes us a much better proposition for players such as manny who want to signe permanently.

What do you think?

The big one is not against Chelsea, Utd or Arsenal but the match at Bolton which we can win, they hate us going there. If the big three are heavily involved in Europe, or the cup, they may just put weaker sides out against us so we may just get a point or two there as well. Things aren't half as bad as the boo boys would like you to believe Mick;)

Hmm, i can see us losing at least 4 or 5 of them games, were [Poor language removed] towards the end of the season.

Can see us grabbing a win against the big 3 games though.

Hope United, and Rooney ends his career in that match after a 2 footer by Fernandes :p

I can see it now, title to be decided last day of the season... AJ breaks through Chelsea defence last few minutes, Terry puts his foot in, AJ blatantly dives and gets a pen. He slots it home an runs to Mourinho 'shush-ing'

That would be worth the mancs winning the league!

Back to the topic, i agree with mick, am going for around 16~18 points.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351

lets see what punishments arsenal get for yesterdays kick off, lets hope 'senderos' or whoever is the crap centre back they have plays against us.

i despise man ure, but want to see them win the prem, CL, and fa cup. rooney money...kerching.

Sorry mate - I had a look around first and couldnt see any other thread it was on my mind so I posted it. Didnt want to step on anyones toes.

no toes stepped on, its ok, i dont mid transplanting my comments over, unless someone makes a new thread when its 9 games to go lol

arsenal could be missing a few key players for their visit to goodison, and lets see how they fare against our 'optimum eleven'.

like i said in the other thread, the man-ure, chel-scum, and rear-gunners games arent so important, its the bolton and pompey games that will define us. And i just know that carew and young are going to 'click' in our game, its like a bird crapping on your just-washed car, or it raining just as your about to walk to the shop (obviously when you get to the shop it stops)

I think us and Spurs have the handiest run ins on paper. They have hit a ruich vain of form hopefully europe will take it out of them. To state the obvious its about who can ever go on a decent run between now and the end of the season. i think portsmouth will fade but reading are dangerous as they can take points of the top teams. I think our season will rest on games against notlob, charlton, fulham, villa if we can ream 10 points out of those games we should do it, at least intertoto i presume we are going to apply, anyone know?

Its Europe or die folks, fernandes, arteta & cahill will want it and if we can make it to the UEFA cup we will have a great incentive to keep them otherwise they may all leave.

I think us and Spurs have the handiest run ins on paper. They have hit a ruich vain of form hopefully europe will take it out of them. To state the obvious its about who can ever go on a decent run between now and the end of the season. i think portsmouth will fade but reading are dangerous as they can take points of the top teams. I think our season will rest on games against notlob, charlton, fulham, villa if we can ream 10 points out of those games we should do it, at least intertoto i presume we are going to apply, anyone know?

Good call that Neiler, Spurs are on a roll. I just hope to high heaven that they don't pip us after last week. IAH every player at the club, even VDM, should be up for this, although in VDM's case I doubt if he gets up for anything.lol ;)

Portsmouth and Reading are beginning to fade, whilst Bolton don't look as strong at the moment. Spurs are probably the main threat although they have Europe to contend with so hopefully we'll have a good run over the next few months and get into the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.