RUMOUR BUSTER - Just Stop It, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamo Martinez

Player Valuation: £70m
People on Titter, Talk Shoite, The Daily Fail and Pyar Sauced.com are talking through their fcuking arses. If you believe any of this garbage, you're on crack. Oh, and yer mar's foof smells.

Yours sincerely

The Rumour Buster

If every discussion on this board was regarding a serious subject matter, we'd all be on our way to mental asylums in no time at all. These flight of fancy threads save us all from such an ordeal.

why not, it causes debate... which is good?

It doesn't cause debate, it leads to more utter bollocks rumours and then people squabbling over who knows most about what's going on, when in fact very few know what's going on (Rodwell transfer e.g.). Granted there are a couple on here that seem to have some knowledge, but they are the ones that aren't constantly spouting off in every rumour thread.

GhostbustersLogoLarge.jpg

WHO YA GONNA CALL?!

Rumour Buster

I do agree with this article. For example consider when we signed Heitinga, Distin and Bilyaletdinov. None of these names were actually mentioned as rumours at all. However another 100+ names were mentioned and we didnt go near any of them.

Newspapers have to make stories to sell papers as its their job. Everton are very good at keeping things quiet regarding transfers so basically the journalists will make up a story based on putting 2 and 2 together and 99 times out of 100 it will make 5.

For example the metro said today that Everton lead the chase the Adam Johnson. They would have worked this out because we now have a bit of money and just did a deal with City so it would seem logical for this to happen. The fact is its just total fabrication to put a story in their paper based on rumour and no evidence. I could easily make up a story such as this.....

Everton to hijack Sunderland bid for Steven Fletcher, it would be as logical as the Johnson story as we have money and perhaps are short upfront. Its just rubbish though and that is exactly what the papers do.

There are only 3 sources for information that I would consider to have any kind of reality and those are SkySports, BBC and Evertonfc.com

It doesn't cause debate, it leads to more utter bollocks rumours and then people squabbling over who knows most about what's going on, when in fact very few know what's going on (Rodwell transfer e.g.). Granted there are a couple on here that seem to have some knowledge, but they are the ones that aren't constantly spouting off in every rumour thread.

Like the Moyes at the Etihad wasnt the most ridiculous page after page of tiresome babble about sauces!! but still the Rodwell deal emerged.... from that conjecture, or was it just a PL managers meeting....

I do agree with this article. For example consider when we signed Heitinga, Distin and Bilyaletdinov. None of these names were actually mentioned as rumours at all. However another 100+ names were mentioned and we didnt go near any of them.

Newspapers have to make stories to sell papers as its their job. Everton are very good at keeping things quiet regarding transfers so basically the journalists will make up a story based on putting 2 and 2 together and 99 times out of 100 it will make 5.

For example the metro said today that Everton lead the chase the Adam Johnson. They would have worked this out because we now have a bit of money and just did a deal with City so it would seem logical for this to happen. The fact is its just total fabrication to put a story in their paper based on rumour and no evidence. I could easily make up a story such as this.....

Everton to hijack Sunderland bid for Steven Fletcher, it would be as logical as the Johnson story as we have money and perhaps are short upfront. Its just rubbish though and that is exactly what the papers do.

There are only 3 sources for information that I would consider to have any kind of reality and those are Goat, Goat's mar and Goat's sister
Good post mate. I fixed that last sentence for you

Status
Not open for further replies.