Confirmed Signing Ruben Vinagre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the full interview. He seems genuinely happy to be here which is always a good start. None of us are particularly excited by this signing but let's hope he proves to be useful.

Dave. The lad has never played right back in almost 90 professional appearances. Tierney is the only left footer who I have ever known play right back, and he only ever did it for Scotland as they had nobody else good enough until Nathan Patterson happened song.

Name me one other left footer who played right back on a fairly regular basis in top flight football. Just one.
I'm just passing on the man's words from his interview.

He replied when asked that he plays on the right as well as the left.

Not sure what the controversy is here.

so he just sits in silence and says nothing?
No, the club should come up with another script.

I revere Everton's history as much as anyone, but it's become embarrassing that they have them saying stuff about us like that when we haven't won a thing since 1995.

I'm just passing on the man's words from his interview.

He replied when asked that he plays on the right as well as the left.

Not sure what the controversy is here.
But they're just words Dave, probably intended to show his new manager that he is willing to play anywhere, but the fact is he has never played a competitive game at right back in his whole professional career. Even Tierney, who I agree has shown that he can play there effectively if called upon, has as far as i'm aware only ever been called upon to do so in the occasional game for Scotland.

Your post made out that it is not unheard of to see left footed players play right back for clubs at the top level. I asked you to name just one player to have done so on a fairly regular basis. It isn't intended to catch you out Dave.

Seen plenty do it the other way around, right footers playing left back. But not left footers playing right back. It just doesn't happen to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.