Roy Keane’s assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turned off after the penalty, did he actually name check? I mean Keane's barely played at all this season and Townsend injured so bizarre to put those two in when one has been bumped down to 5th choice now.

Patterson is still raw in some respects but he will become a good premier league FB in time imo and has shown promise this season.

Can't disagree with Davies and McNeill and with the injuries both could be starting the next two games which isn't a great prospect.

How it is is through his weird brain. He is an idiot who can't cut it as a manager. The talk sport of mainstream TV. Can't believe you buy him. Bet he supports QAnon.
He done alrite at Sunderland tbf.

He can't cut it as a manager because this generation of players aren't the same as his, they have to much power.

What don't you like about him?

Tbf Townsend was our second-highest scorer last season...

But the general point is spot on. Everton have tons of players who simply aren't good enough.

I don't agree with one or two of your shouts and would put others in there instead, tbh, but overall Everton simply lack quality. And that will bite in the end.
Townsend who played for England and spent the majority of his career in the premier league…. Not premier league standard.
Patterson certainly is.
Iwobe definitely is.

The problem is more that lack of match winners. Any of the those players could get a game in the premier league but teams need some magic too. We have no magic

Townsend who played for England and spent the majority of his career in the premier league…. Not premier league standard.
Patterson certainly is.
Iwobe definitely is.

The problem is more that lack of match winners. Any of the those players could get a game in the premier league but teams need some magic too. We have no magic
I honestly think he's pretty crap. Got potential, but don't see him having quality that we need right now. We looked better with Coleman there last night, ffs.

He'd made something like 16 senior appearances for Rangers and we spent £12m on him. It was mad.

He will go on and be a good player but this idea he's already a solid RB is pretty concerning to me, and again an example of our fans overhyping players. If the club was set up right he'd be getting a good loan in the Championship like how Coleman did at Blackpool.

I honestly think he's pretty crap. Got potential, but don't see him having quality that we need right now. We looked better with Coleman there last night, ffs.

He'd made something like 16 senior appearances for Rangers and we spent £12m on him. It was mad.

He will go on and be a good player but this idea he's already a solid RB is pretty concerning to me, and again an example of our fans overhyping players. If the club was set up right he'd be getting a good loan in the Championship like how Coleman did at Blackpool.
His injury record is already pretty concerning. Been here 12 months and already had 3 separate ligament injuries.

tempFileForShare_20230106-194608.jpg

National free-to-air tv, primetime slot, and assessed this moustache as 'good-to-go'.

Conflicted.
He looks like J.Johna Jameson

His injury record is already pretty concerning. Been here 12 months and already had 3 separate ligament injuries.
He's probably still growing, he's a young lad, and in fairness they've all been pretty freak issues.

I think he'll turn out to be a pretty good player. But bloody hell, a year ago today Newcastle signed Trippier. I remember getting told that Patterson was twice the player Trippier was and Newcastle were just 'making the same mistakes Everton did'. Funny old game.

And to stress, I'm not saying Everton were in a position to go and give Trippier money - even though he took a cut from Atletico - or a big contract at 31. But he's a bloody excellent player who has helped transform them and set standards. We signed two young, raw and below-average (at the moment) FBs for £30million.

Patterson??
He's really not that good.

He will go on to be, I'm sure. But a well-run club would have him developing at a good Championship side.

Lad has got talent but a lot to learn.

Can anyone actually point out how many times he's put a decent cross in this season (not that we cross enough but we've definitely tried more recently)? I mean, he can't defend brilliantly, but people were saying how good he is offensively... honestly reckon I can count three decent balls he's put in all season.

I think with his age on his side he'll turn into a decent right back, and to be fair I would have preferred this kind of signing to someone like maupay at least we're buying potential if you like. To say we looked more solid with Coleman is a bit strange as he was missing from the right back position for the first goal and was put on toast for the second and looked poor throughout. The reason that the whole team looked more solid was the team set up not because of Coleman. My worry about Patterson is his injury record he seems to be made of glass as this is his third injury this season that's kept him out for a number of weeks.

I think with his age on his side he'll turn into a decent right back, and to be fair I would have preferred this kind of signing to someone like maupay at least we're buying potential if you like. To say we looked more solid with Coleman is a bit strange as he was missing from the right back position for the first goal and was put on toast for the second and looked poor throughout. The reason that the whole team looked more solid was the team set up not because of Coleman. My worry about Patterson is his injury record he seems to be made of glass as this is his third injury this season that's kept him out for a number of weeks.
Oh look I absolutely think he will go on to be good. I just don't see him as some outstanding talent. He's 21. Think how good Alexander-Arnold already was then, and Hakimi etc. Obviously that's the very highest standard to compare against but quite honestly some of our fans made him out to be Cafu.

I didn't say we looked more solid, I said we looked better - we looked absolutely abysmal attacking and defending with Patterson at RB the other day v Brighton, he was crap v Wolves and he was rinsed by Grealish (which happens, Grealish is very good) too.

I don't think we looked that solid at all last night. We looked solid v City but United created better chances. We looked more ragged yesterday but there was more space so we attacked it and actually looked capable of scaring United, which was a slight positive. This idea that 352 makes us a decent team is also flawed, IMO. We've been crap in multiple systems. It's on the manager and the fact that the players are simply put not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.