2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not bothered he’s going to Chelsea, I’m more bothered that are “ footballers “ as such are all leaving, it looks like we have to sell to buy aswell? He’s a so called better player who wants out and you have to ask we’re the club is heading doing this. I also think they should of waited to announce this till after the weekend.

Dave Im not and never have been an advocate of Mr Koeman but Ross is a professional athlete who was being managed by an individual who reasoned that he may respond differently to a more assertive management style.
If Ross is incapable of adapting to the vagaries of different management techniques then he is behaving like a spoilt child.
There have been 2 managers since Koeman and clearly Ross hasn't engaged with the club.
He wants away from the club I support, so adios Ross, Everton clearly doesn't mean that much to you
Imo, Koeman got the green light to sell who he wanted and he decided he didn't rate or want Barkley and he used every trick in the book to shake him out of the club from the day he arrived.

It wasn't motivation it was character assassination. So here we are now because ultimately regardless of Koeman being here or not, the club owner burnt his bridges with the player.

I’m not bothered he’s going to Chelsea, I’m more bothered that are “ footballers “ as such are all leaving, it looks like we have to sell to buy aswell? He’s a so called better player who wants out and you have to ask we’re the club is heading doing this. I also think they should of waited to announce this till after the weekend.

What would you have rathered we do let him go on a free?

Sick of fans blaming Moshiri for everything Barkley is a tit end of discussion as far as I'm concerned- he wanted out and he's got out and will be another Delph, Sinclair, Drinkwater etc etc. As he isnt getting in Chelseas starting 11. Lads thrown his career away to bag London women and the lifestyle no doubt.

Only transfer that you can pin the blame on the board for is Rom as we should have shown much more ambition in the previous window to have tried keeping him, but even then he's always wanted to move on to a CL Club.

How do you figure that ? He’s now available for £15m and only one clubs come in for him...

Suggesting no one wanted to pay top dollar for him.

If you want to leave a club you don’t sign a new contract and raise your value by about 300% !

Nonsense. Happens all the time. Players sign contracts and leave shortly after. They get short term pay rise while still with the owning club and it protects the player’s value for the future sale.

He’s run his contract down to get his get move, at our expense. Snide.

Nonsense. Happens all the time. Players sign contracts and leave shortly after. They get short term pay rise while still with the owning club and it protects the player’s value for the future sale.

He’s run his contract down to get his get move, at our expense. Snide.

How is it nonsense. We were asking for £35m with one year left on his deal. We would have been asking for £50-60m for him if he had signed a new deal. In what bizarre world do you think Chelsea, Spurs or any club would have paid that for him ?

It would have been suicide for any hopes he had of leaving. You’d make a horrendous agent :p

But it wasn't, was it?

Koeman was blunt and I get the criticism and to an extent agree with some of it.

But Ross played 39 games in all comps last season. We only played 41.

He started every game in all competitions from the 10th of December 2016 right until the final day against Arsenal, when he was on the bench.

From January through to March - when he played as the right forward in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3, he was superb and played his best football since his breakthrough season.

He wasn't being alienated as much as he simply wasn't signing the contract on offer, so in the summer we had to look for alternatives. Ultimately those alternatives haven't worked out as hoped and Ross has been badly missed. He's a quality player and will continue to be missed when he leaves.
The manager didn't let matters rest. It made it worse that RB was producing on the pitch yet that divvy STILL criticised him and then he made the extension a front page issue.

I will never forgive that idiot for wrecking this club. We all know what a disaster he was as manager and this Barkley episode today is just another ramification of it. How do some people not see that?

What would you have rathered we do let him go on a free?

Sick of fans blaming Moshiri for everything Barkley is a tit end of discussion as far as I'm concerned- he wanted out and he's got out and will be another Delph, Sinclair, Drinkwater etc etc. As he isnt getting in Chelseas starting 11. Lads thrown his career away to bag London women and the lifestyle no doubt.

Only transfer that you can pin the blame on the board for is Rom as we should have shown much more ambition in the previous window to have tried keeping him, but even then he's always wanted to move on to a CL Club.

No mate I don’t. But it’s to coincidental that we sell him then buy cenk. The clubs not run properly what so ever. Our ambition is to just stay up now.

Gerrard shouts are terrible , they made him their highest paid player and captain and let him play like Roy of the rovers to the detriment of their team.

For the money they spent their lack of success was absolutely astounding and Gerrard was a big part of that.

Glad we’re not following that

Definitely @Wayno lad, I'd have hated to have won the European Cup, UEFA Cup, League Cup and FA Cup during Ross Barkley's long and illustrious career.

The feed quality would have been awful.

Just a gentle reminder that we have spent the GDP of Micronesia last year over the last four seasons to win absolutely nothing.

No mate I don’t. But it’s to coincidental that we sell him then buy cenk. The clubs not run properly what so ever. Our ambition is to just stay up now.

By that logic we are sell to buy every window mate as players come and go. It was clear since the summer Barkley wanted out and he's got his move.

For those who doubt Moshiri how much money are the billionaire owners of WBA, Saints, Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham etc. Paying for signings?

Ive been critical of Moshiri as much as anyone but he's given us money to spend - something that never happened under Kenwright or happening at most clubs outside the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.