2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
What facts do you have to say Barkley is a no? None of us have the faintest clue why he is leaving but if you do, please share. Lukaku was obvious, but none of us can factually make a definitive statement about Barkley. You might still be right, but without facts, I don't see how you can hang the manager over this.
I can offer you opinion. Mine is that there is a clear relationship between a lad who has been here 11 years with no problem whatsoever and a man management style which publicly criticises him week after for a whole season, and that stimulated a move away.

I can offer you opinion. Mine is that there is a clear relationship between a lad who has been here 11 years with no problem whatsoever and a man management style which publicly criticises him week after for a whole season, and that stimulated a move away.
Compared to Martinez who done nothing but wrap him in cotton wool? Would you agree Ross' had a pretty decent season just gone and was moving in the right direction, despite Koeman's direct approach?

Compared to Martinez who done nothing but wrap him in cotton wool? Would you agree Ross' had a pretty decent season just gone and was moving in the right direction, despite Koeman's direct approach?
Oh boy.

He became an England international under the previous manager.

Did Barkley have a decent season? An ok one. He improved nothing in his game. That was just commentariat BS.

His reason is in his personal life FF source nothing to do with the club it's his and probably his girlfriend's decision or he may just want a change - better players in the past have been hounded out of our club - Bobby Collins , and Alan Ball - Jimmy Gabriel - almost Brian Harris, will we miss him yes - will we get the right money for him -NO
the club should have tied him up last season - we see Barry - Mirallis - and Jags easily sorted contract wise yet an asset like Ross at 23 just contractually left out last year?
The real reason will never be given - also Lukaku we look pretty foolish now selling him for 75 million - no add ons have ever been published when you see what Namar went for we sold and were told it was 100 million - where's the Lukaku money gone Mosh?
Swansea have dug their heels in the Sig at his age is also overpriced 35 million is about right !
Rooney is pricy at 150k wages per week may come good but no sell on fee - the gap of 25 million with Lukaku is the nagging worry of why no extra 15 million add ons have been officially published imo!
we are still sloppy in the transfer market imo
the sale of Ross will be a blow imo!
Joey, the club tried to him to a deal last season and he wasn't interested so the club have spent the whole summer trying to convince him to stay. Nobody has "hounded" Ross out of the club, nobody. Personal life or not it's shameful actions for an alleged boyhood blue to screw the the club over like Ross has.

What facts do you have to say Barkley is a no? None of us have the faintest clue why he is leaving but if you do, please share. Lukaku was obvious, but none of us can factually make a definitive statement about Barkley. You might still be right, but without facts, I don't see how you can hang the manager over this.

Exactly
The only facts we have are Koemans statement that ROSS told him he wants a new challenge.
So unless Koeman is lying which I highly doubt then ROSS leaving is because in his own words he wants a new challenge.
Maybe ROSS is lying because he wants to keep his reasons private but we will never know.
So all we know is that ROSS leaving is not anything to do with the Manager , the Fans ,the club , money , the gangsters etc
It's just like Neymar he wants a new challenge

Yeah very easy remind by whom & how easy it is proving & at what cost?

Reckon Klaassen will easily match his stats from last season, ditto Gylfi.

if it was some top class, week in week out 8 out of 10 performer, I might be a bit more upset.

But this is Ross Barkley we are talking about, and he isn't that spectacular as his return clearly indicates.

Joey, the club tried to him to a deal last season and he wasn't interested so the club have spent the whole summer trying to convince him to stay. Nobody has "hounded" Ross out of the club, nobody. Personal life or not it's shameful actions for an alleged boyhood blue to screw the the club over like Ross has.
What - not even all the great Blues who moaned and groaned and booed every time the ball went near him?
Or the people who accuse him of screwing the club over?

He is going he is not screwing us over we let his contract run down - this year it is rumoured he has personal problems - that happens in life ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.