Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was poor on Saturday but the whole team was first half. Tactically we were all over the place with no balance in midfield. He had to be sacrificed. Barkley is still coming back from injury and will be doing bad things to opposition teams again very soon.

Still no song for Ross...

How about

"RUN RUN WHOEVER YOU MAY BE
WE'VE GOT THE BOY CALLED ROSS BARKLEY
AND HE'LL **** YOU UP, WHOEVER YOU MAY BE
WE'VE GOT THE BOY CALLED ROSS BARKLEY"

Nice and simple.

I said to my mate, the other day,
I think we've found, the White Pele.
My mate said to me, who could it be,
And I said to him, it's Ross Barkley

nana na na, nana na na

To the old Wayne song! b)

People seem to be mistaking Barkley not playing well for Barkley not winning the game on his own.

He was average and therefore not his magical, usual self (which will happen at times). Nowhere near the worst player on the pitch or anything.

Does need a proper epic chant though (not a song, a chant). One that loops over and over again for moooons. Lids and limbs bouncing in the aisles.

The kid is just effortless, he just glides across the pitch and rolls defenders like they arent even there.

Hes going to have to get used to going against 2/3 players all the time now though, when hes on form, he just drives every attack forward.

Im really surprised Martinez took him off after getting caught for the goal. Seems like it might have knocked his confidence a bit but i hope not.

In all honesty i think weve rushed him back because weve had no choice. We need to protect him, not rely on him. Id rather he missed another week or two and came back stronger for the last 3rd of the season and a cup run

Everton just tweeted

"#bluemonday If you don't follow them already, give @FourthOfficial_ a follow. Worth keeping a particular eye on over the next 48 hrs."

Sounds like there's some big news coming up...

Barkley is more effective when the opposition actually tries to play rather than getting 10 men behind the ball, so his sub on Saturday should not really have been a surprise.

I think it was also the reverse fixure where he was also subbed for Osman, who turned the game on that day.

He's a great talent, but he still needs to work on his game to become more effective when teams park the bus against us.

He got caught for possession in his own half that led to their goal - this is something that hasn't really been an issue up to now because Martinez has been wise and played him in an advanced role where losing the ball isn't so dangerous. Actually I thought it was a great move by Villa for their goal. 2 passes, bam, goal. Really good counter play.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.