Ross Barkley - opinion poll

Would you have Ross Barkley back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doucoure has been abysmal this season - see my posts in his thread to see my opinion on Doucoure.

But for me, Doucoure is still a better option in our midfield than Barkley next season. At least Doucoure gives some energy - in a decent midfield, Doucoure would do alright. We need better, but no coincidence he had a much better second half vs Palace next to Alli vs his first half shocker next to Gomes.

I'm glad to see only 37 voting yes and 291 voting no.

Some are remembering Ross Barkley at Everton who had some good moments - but he was always two or three yards behind the game. He's 29 this year - there's a reason Villa fans couldn't wait to see the back of him, and how he's become basically a running joke at Chelsea.

My blood pressure is high enough with Everton without having to look at Ross Barkley thinking when in possession.

Fortunately Lampard wrote him off at Chelsea and criticised him because he was unprofessional.

The teams I thought he was certain to end up at the second he left us for Chelsea are now well too good for him - Newcastle, Villa and West Ham.

He's been linked to Coventry City and Swansea. Go there lad, and get the proper coaching you said you was deprived of when at Everton.

Doucoure has been abysmal this season - see my posts in his thread to see my opinion on Doucoure.

But for me, Doucoure is still a better option in our midfield than Barkley next season. At least Doucoure gives some energy - in a decent midfield, Doucoure would do alright. We need better, but no coincidence he had a much better second half vs Palace next to Alli vs his first half shocker next to Gomes.

I'm glad to see only 37 voting yes and 291 voting no.

Some are remembering Ross Barkley at Everton who had some good moments - but he was always two or three yards behind the game. He's 29 this year - there's a reason Villa fans couldn't wait to see the back of him, and how he's become basically a running joke at Chelsea.

My blood pressure is high enough with Everton without having to look at Ross Barkley thinking when in possession.

Fortunately Lampard wrote him off at Chelsea and criticised him because he was unprofessional.

The teams I thought he was certain to end up at the second he left us for Chelsea are now well too good for him - Newcastle, Villa and West Ham.

He's been linked to Coventry City and Swansea. Go there lad, and get the proper coaching you said you was deprived of when at Everton.
Doucoure never has had or will have the guile or skill of Ross .Chelsea midfield were about as erratic ours , but when they did play they really did.
Newcastle, Villa & West Ham between them only had Rice that was better than Ross. And Never go by voting lad, just look at our Government.

I wouldn’t take him back no way but he got 32 goals and assists in 2 seasons.

There’s a clamour for Gordon to be player of the year & I like him but I wouldn’t bet on him getting that many in his career currently.

Doucoure can’t control or pass and can only play the way he is facing and Ali Has played well for half a game.
Don’t get me wrong, a 21 year old Ross Barkley walks into this current team and is by an absolute mile the best midfielder in the squad.

It’s just that the hamstring injury he got under Koeman and subsequent re-injuries mean he’s lost that burst that meant he could go by people. He’s a much diminished player from the one that came through here, that’s the only reason I wouldn’t want him back. Not that I didn’t rate him at the time.

I'm amazed we got past the first page on this one!

The club the fans want to move forward and we come up with this tripe. pffft

Nope, not for me.

Ross Barkley.jpeg

Don't reward people who kicked you in the balls it is small club mentality
Yep, the culture needs to change. Baxter and Jeffers at the club again is criminal enough. Less of this jobs for the boys, mates with Bill culture please. We are not a charity ( as much as Baxendale likes to act as if we are).

Status
Not open for further replies.