Ross Barkley and England

Is it best for Everton if Ross Barkley is selected for England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe your right mate. If Barkley becomes a peripheral figure for England like le tissier then England should just give up now and accept that they are not going to challenge for world cups and European championships. I don't like the bloke but Harry Redknapp had it right on talksport last week that England should be building their team around Ross and Alli.
Oh I agree mate. There seems to be this viewpoint that you play either Alli or Barkley as they play the same position, but that's ridiculous. They are completely different and I think they'd compliment each other perfectly.

My concern is that representing his country is very important to Barkley, as it is with most top players. If he isn't getting International recognition whilst with Everton, and other far inferior players are, will that encourage him to jump ship?
Nah mate Ross is an Everton lifer am convinced!

As a fan I agree with you would rather Ross wasn't involved but as a question of what is best for Ross, he needs to be involved and I think needs to feel he is a big part of the set-up.
I only see possible negatives for him playing for his country..
Potential Injuries
English press on his back
Lack of confidence through not getting picked
Playing boss all through a tournament then having to deal with Real/Barca after him!!

Keep him all to ourselves

I only see possible negatives for him playing for his country..
Potential Injuries
English press on his back
Lack of confidence through not getting picked
Playing boss all through a tournament then having to deal with Real/Barca after him!!

Keep him all to ourselves
Agree with all that mate and said as much in my OP.

What I will add though is ignore Ross's ambition and desire to play for England at your peril.

Agree with all that mate and said as much in my OP.

What I will add though is ignore Ross's ambition and desire to play for England at your peril.
Oh am not mate am sure his ambitions are very high and i hope they are!!
But would he sacrifice his Everton ambitions to fulfill his England ones?? am not so sure..

Im sure any player wants to be good enough to play for their respective country. I wish we had a squad of full of top class internationals, that would mean Everton would be succesful imo

If we're serious about joining the 'top clubs', we need as much exposure as possible in the 'media'. I want all our players to play well at international level, whilst at the same time saying things like "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't playing for such a great club as Everton". It's our time.
Gives head a wobble.

Not that interested in Internationals, but if Ross gets selected and plays well it will help his ever improving confidence and form. That would more than likely elevate his performances at club level and benefit Everton, which is a good thing. The only draw back is if some animal launches himself at the lad and wipes him out, but that can happen at any level.

image.jpeg
Im sure any player wants to be good enough to play for their respective country. I wish we had a squad of full of top class internationals, that would mean Everton would be succesful imo

If he gets as good as he could be they'll have no choice but to pick him every game.
In the meantime hope he sits it out against Lithuania and starts the derby fresh, hungry and with a point to prove.

If he gets as good as he could be they'll have no choice but to pick him every game.
In the meantime hope he sits it out against Lithuania and starts the derby fresh, hungry and with a point to prove.

This, 90 minutes on the bench is perfect

I thought we already did mate. We have Englands most creative player, Belgiums first choice striker, Argentina's first choice defender, Irelands two best players, Wales captain, Internationals for Senegal and France, Ecuadors first choice striker, and an absolute shedload of great young players representing England at under U21 and youth levels. We just need 4 or so additions to the squad/first XI and we'll be challenging for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.