Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People moaning about his supposed wages like it's coming out of their own pockets. Calm down.

I don't think you will find that Conte, Klopp or Poch are being paid a basic £7 million a year. I think that if indeed he is being paid £7 million he will be 4th highest paid manger in the league. Sorry that's crazy money and whilst no one wants to talk about him failing he faces a huge task to get into the top 6 let alone the top four and based on past history of new owners they tend to expect instant success

Klopp is on 7 million
Conte is on ,6.5
Pochettino on 5.5

How much of that has happened outside of this forum though?

Don't have a new manager yet
New owner has not paid a penny yet
New DOF not bought in yet
No new stadium yet
No new investors yet
No new approach yet
Only new marketing is being done by us
We are yet to buy anyone.. including a manager..

When it happens then I will be all over it though :)
I feel like we are getting ahead of ourselves with this stuff.

All these assumptions are being made based on the one simple fact that we have a new shareholder in Moshiri. Don't get me wrong, the idea of a brighter future for Evertonians seems more promising than ever, but I think we need to keep our expectations in check until these things actually start falling into place. That said, we should have a good idea by the end of the summer on whether this is truly a new dawn for EFC or, if I can quote Elton John here, a flickering candle in the wind.

I feel like we are getting ahead of ourselves with this stuff.

All these assumptions are being made based on the one simple fact that we have a new shareholder in Moshiri. Don't get me wrong, the idea of a brighter future for Evertonians seems more promising than ever, but I think we need to keep our expectations in check until these things actually start falling into place. That said, we should have a good idea by the end of the summer on whether this is truly a new dawn for EFC or, if I can quote Elton John here, a flickering candle in the wind.
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Yes i did want emery because his 3 european cups smash anything koeman has won s a manager into distance.

Als being unproven means absolutely nothing, it makes no difference to if a manager is a success or not.

Also please stop making out that Koeman is some sort of godly manager, he is not. He has had two good seasons in the premier league, not great ones and his career is decidedly average as a manager.

The only great thing about koeman is his playing career, his managerial career certainly does not warrant 7m a year

Maybe not, but if we do pay that much (which I doubt, personally) then so be it. It's a statement of intent and in the grand scheme of things, is vert little these days

Maybe not, but if we do pay that much (which I doubt, personally) then so be it. It's a statement of intent and in the grand scheme of things, is vert little these days
let me get it straight though mate, no matter what i think of him RIGHT NOW, if he signs he will have my 100% full support, and i'll obviously look for the positives and look forward to the season.

I'm happy that he is miles better than martinez.

I don't understand how overpaying for an average manager is a statement of intent. Buying Niasse for 13.5m must have also been a statement of intent then.

See this;

image.jpeg

Real 'pre-prepared page' or fake? I reckon fake.

I don't understand how overpaying for an average manager is a statement of intent. Buying Niasse for 13.5m must have also been a statement of intent then.

But Koeman is not an average manager?

Since when is getting Sotton into 7th and then 6th in your first two seasons in the Prem 'average'? Genuinely, on what planet???

By that logic, Pochettino (who finished 8th with Sotton) was also bang average when he went to Spurs...

Status
Not open for further replies.