• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he win a cup at Valencia?

yes, copa del rey.

there last trophy in spainish competitions.

if your only remembering his league form, look at emery, could win away from home in la liga - VILLA WON MORE AWAY GAMES LAST SEASON IN A HARDER LEAGUE.

Conte Guardiola Poch Wenger Klopp Mourinho

I think it's about where he should be paid - 6th or 7th highest in the league.

I don't think you will find that Conte, Klopp or Poch are being paid a basic £7 million a year. I think that if indeed he is being paid £7 million he will be 4th highest paid manger in the league. Sorry that's crazy money and whilst no one wants to talk about him failing he faces a huge task to get into the top 6 let alone the top four and based on past history of new owners they tend to expect instant success

I know a lot of people are focusing on his Valencia season, which was poor, but that does seem to be an anomaly in his managerial career. Has a reasonable win percentage otherwise (and possibly could be said overall):

View attachment 24302

Never really followed his career, but that's not too shabby.
Just under 55% is pretty good.. Wenger only has 58% win record in his career and he is a superb manager.

Moyes has a 42% win rate, Martinez 39%, I would love to have over 50%, imagine thinking we have more chance of winning than either drawing or losing combined!!

Every game would feel like an opportunity for 3 points again. And that's a feeling that we have far to rarely at Everton.

Lads
1-new manager
2-new owner
3-new DOF
4-new stadium
5-new investors
6- new optimistic approach
7-new marketing
8-loads of dollar

I don't think you will find that Conte, Klopp or Poch are being paid a basic £7 million a year. I think that if indeed he is being paid £7 million he will be 4th highest paid manger in the league. Sorry that's crazy money and whilst no one wants to talk about him failing he faces a huge task to get into the top 6 let alone the top four and based on past history of new owners they tend to expect instant success

Do you really, deep down think we will pay him £7m a year?

Or are you beleiving press reports that we usually don't give the time of day?

Lads
1-new manager
2-new owner
3-new DOF
4-new stadium
5-new investors
6- new optimistic approach
7-new marketing
8-loads of dollar

How much of that has happened outside of this forum though?

Don't have a new manager yet
New owner has not paid a penny yet
New DOF not bought in yet
No new stadium yet
No new investors yet
No new approach yet
Only new marketing is being done by us
We are yet to buy anyone.. including a manager..

When it happens then I will be all over it though :)

yes, copa del rey.

there last trophy in spainish competitions.

if your only remembering his league form, look at emery, could win away from home in la liga - VILLA WON MORE AWAY GAMES LAST SEASON IN A HARDER LEAGUE.

The squad that won the copa del rey:

GK 13 Timo Hildebrand
RB 23 Miguel
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
22'
CB 4 Raúl Albiol
10px-Sub_off.svg.png
57'
CB 20 Alexis
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
38'
LB 24 Emiliano Moretti
10px-Sub_off.svg.png
66'
DM 5 Carlos Marchena
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
67'
CM 8 Rubén Baraja
RW 19 Javier Arizmendi
AM 21 David Silva
LW 16 Juan Mata
10px-Yellowcard.svg.png
45'
FW 7 David Villa
10px-Sub_off.svg.png
75'
Substitutes:
GK 25 Juan Mora
CB 12 Marco Caneira
10px-Sub_on.svg.png
57'
MF 22Edu
10px-Sub_on.svg.png
66'
MF 11 Éver Banega
RW 17 Joaquín
FW 9 Fernando Morientes
10px-Sub_on.svg.png
75'
FW 18 Nikola Žigić

He would have taken that team down if they hadn't sacked him.

Never really followed his career, but that's not too shabby.
Just under 55% is pretty good.. Wenger only has 58% win record in his career and he is a superb manager.

Moyes has a 42% win rate, Martinez 39%, I would love to have over 50%, imagine thinking we have more chance of winning than either drawing or losing combined!!

Every game would feel like an opportunity for 3 points again. And that's a feeling that we have far to rarely at Everton.

You have to adjust for the quality of the league and the club you were in charge of though.

Put me in charge of Celtic and I'd get them a 50% win rate, put me in charge of Villa and it would be 0%.

I don't think it's that hard to get us top 6. Out if the competitors, only us and the RS don't have Europe to contend with.
We have one of the 6 best squads already, just need a top keeper which should be fairly simple. I think buying that and not selling anyone would get us top 6 but we'll do more strengthening than that.

Do you really, deep down think we will pay him £7m a year?

Or are you beleiving press reports that we usually don't give the time of day?

No I don't just asI don't believe the figures being quoted for the likes of Klopp. I have no doubt the figures are inflated.Irrespective I suspect that he will be on far more than the vast majority of PL managers and with that there will be huge expectation and he is going to have to hit the ground running

Status
Not open for further replies.