Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads. Lads lads lads.

The point @davek makes (and which is often misunderstood) is that we should aim for 72 points or higher. He's not denying that Martinez was far from the world's greatest.

Sometimes people read 'aim for 72' as 'Dave loves Roberto' which isn't really what he's saying. Then people take things without the pinch of salt that's usually intended and get het up and before you know it a thread has turned into a slanging match.

Sometimes I disagree with Dave and sometimes I agree with him. Same as us all, and all with each other.

Personally I'd had enough of Roberto to last me a lifetime and currently welcome our new massive cranium'd Dutch overlord.

Anyway this applies to all of us and not just 'the people vs Dave'. What I'm saying is, if someone, anyone, makes a point you disagree with, argue the point and not the member. Agree to disagree.

Monday rant over.

Not trying to argue at all but he did say the previous manager's two worst seasons are better than the current campaign in this RM vs RK debate. And he ranked RM above the like in Royle and Moyes in terms of achievement at the club. Of course people like me does not help when a debate turns into a RM argument when it involves this RM vs RK debate.

Not trying to argue at all but he did say the previous manager's two worst seasons are better than the current campaign in this RM vs RK debate. And he ranked RM above the like in Royle and Moyes in terms of achievement at the club. Of course people like me does not help when a debate turns into a RM argument when it involves this RM vs RK debate.
So disagree with him on it. I do.

I do believe three seasons ago was some kind of a fluke because you see it from your own eyes what had happened thereafter. Yes you are right I despise the previous manager because with a fair bit of net spend at the time, he transformed this
club to Walter Smith esque after a year and that assumption was back-up by league results incurred.

Everyone has a stance on certain issue. I do not see why a poster shall give a balanced view on everything he said. That is called opinion.

i think people get a bit confused on the difference between fluke and one-off. It was a one-off, but it wasn't a fluke, we didn't jam our way to 5th, we deserved it. I heard a lot of people label wales's euro performance a fluke, that's in the same boat, that wasn't a fluke either.

i think people get a bit confused on the difference between fluke and one-off. It was a one-off, but it wasn't a fluke, we didn't jam our way to 5th, we deserved it. I heard a lot of people label wales's euro performance a fluke, that's in the same boat, that wasn't a fluke either.

Fair enough. I think it was down to the foundation being laid down by Moyes. The club was an established top 6/7 PL side back in summer 2013. Once the new idea had emerged and the old drill was taken away, the effect appeared after a year.

The current situation is a bit different. Koeman has improved a team that was a bottom half PL team for two conservative seasons. Of course, the second season will be a great challenge for Koeman but judging by his pragmatic approach to the game and his men management, we should be optimistic, knowing or assuming that there shall be a good budget at his disposal this summer. Whether he can break the glass ceiling will depend on the amount of the said budget.

Do you want to slap me?

M73kk_s-200x150.gif

He triggered united fans a treat

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/rona...ssed-by-manchester-united-this-season.428424/

The poor plastic snowflakes, they can't handle that literally no one in football fears them anymore. All that fear factor built up over two decades undone in just 3-4 seasons.

their fans are a bit thick aren't they. Their record ever fee is over triple of ours, of course they should be ahead of us, they've barely looked any better though, they've been just as reliant on one player this season than sunderland have been in fairness. Oh well, still hope they pip the RS to 4th, but they've got so many glory hunting supporters, of course there's going to be a load of loons.

We deserved it as a group of players but from a managerial perspective it was fluke. Martinez lucked out on inheriting a drilled defence and luckily managed to add something we missed for decades, a top striker. Put Lukaku in several of the Moyes teams and we would have been top 4 on numerous occasions. From that perspective it's a managerial fluke, same as Ranieri at Leicester.

We deserved it as a group of players but from a managerial perspective it was fluke. Martinez lucked out on inheriting a drilled defence and luckily managed to add something we missed for decades, a top striker. Put Lukaku in several of the Moyes teams and we would have been top 4 on numerous occasions. From that perspective it's a managerial fluke, same as Ranieri at Leicester.

well he brought lukaku here, people who say he was lucky because he wanted ba etc. just want to beat him. Anyway, he's history now.

Status
Not open for further replies.