Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been perfect for bringing the club back into the mix, and also in terms of what he's doing with trying to keep our players on board.

His comments about Man United were brilliant, he's NEA is he? lol

Huge summer coming up for us, with or without Rom staying. Dream scenario is that we can keep both him and Ross, and go out and buy 4 players that improve the first 11 (Rooney being the first addition) without selling anyone that is worth keeping.

I've just vaulted some of you with likes for hating Koeman a year ago when he was linked with us. You know who you are.

I'm the first to admit I wasn't convinced with him when he was first linked/appointed - I do think that since joining us he's proved a lot of myths about him to be wrong (the whole youth thing and the negative football myth).

The only bad thing I can say about his performance this season is the two cup "runs". Overall though, he's been perfect for getting us back on track and away from the Martinez mess.

Ive made no secret of my fears regarding his appointment.

But maybe you should have vaulted people when he achieved better than 7th?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...-reset-21-05-2016.83876/page-583#post-4451786

7th place doesnt impress me.

Keoman is basically the Dutch Moyes.

MorgsGoat, May 5, 2016
You literally are the most clueless buffoon on here when it comes to football opinion. A proper Lower Gwladys SHOW SUM PASSHUN LAD.

@davek was right about you.

We all know what Martinez's reaction would on Saturday.It was a great game of football.We played phenomenal and we showed great character to get an incredible point at West Ham.The last manager would put all sorts of positive spin on failure and mediocrity.That was pretty crap what was served up on Saturday.Credit to Koeman though for calling it like it is.

Not this again. You do realise the time of obscurity is twice the length of the holy grail season of yours? It happened three bloody seasons ago. You can't assume nothing had happened in between.

I deem this is madness, absolutely madness to use this 5th place trophy as a stick to beat our current manager. The team was not managed properly and that was what you get under the previous crappy management. Why did you expect better? Bearing in mind that the money/wages this club had spent in comparison with the current top 6.

You answer your own question you expect top 6/7 at the start season. Now that Koeman achieves the initial target, you move the goal post.

Frankly, I much prefer the overall record of Moyes than Martinez because the fraud can hide himself in shame due to his inability to organise a defence. It was a joke.

When was the last time we realistically putting a challenge for top 4? Yes back in 2005. People keep overrating the current squad and assume it is better than RS with no facts to back it up.

Until Koeman is given a fair bit amount of net spend which is close to the level of the current top 6, there is no reason to question his ability in taking this club to the next level. He has already improved this team massively in 10 months. You seem to forget the nightmare we had in the past 2 seasons. Sounds familiar.

Great post and the one dislike it has from Bicycle Header only served to further validate the point being made!

I've just vaulted some of you with likes for hating Koeman a year ago when he was linked with us. You know who you are.

My Vaulting wasn't that bad really, think you should have delved way deeper on me, deffo 100% said worse than that prior to him arriving.

Still not 100% convinced he will get us where we all hope to be, blind faith in a manager would be a koppite trait really wouldn't it, least until they've done something mate?

Good positive signs so far - but avoiding doing the same thing i did with Martinez when I thought he was the messiah only to find out he was just a naughty spanish boy

Status
Not open for further replies.