Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...so far. The season still has a third to go. I dont see us maintaining this run and there will be another dip. It's what Koeman teams do, imo.

We'll end up on 60-62 points and in 7th. Acceptable first season for Koeman. Then he has to get into the top 5/6 next season, and after that (if he's still here) he needs to get top 4/5.
To be fair it's what all teams do. No team has 66 points from 22 games and 2nd to 6th are miles off it just like us.

I think you overestimate the pulling power of a EL place for players. They just want a massive pay packet if you dont have CL footy for them.

If we improve on 7th this season what does it get? A EL place. Then Kpeman has the onerous task next season of improving on that AND dealing with a fixture pile up.

Good luck with that.

Good luck with that?

Im sorry, for a second I thought we supported the same team.

Players all want European football, you know why? Sponsors, they all have them and they all have clauses for European football, plus the exposure of being in Europe, I think you underestimate the power of European football. We wont be able to attract the tier 1 players without massive wages and constant CL football, but the tier 2 players we couldnt attract in the summer will join a club with European football.

Its about building a squad, a squad for European football, hell Moyes used it to blood youngsters, if we want to be a success as a club we need fixture pile ups.

15th May 1985 we were in Holland for a cup final, 18th May we were in London for another cup final, I crave fixture pile ups.

Oh look, here's Zzzzzzzzzz.
Arrows. Dave does your carer ever get tired of typing up your diatribes?

Are you a creation of the admin of this place to keep pulling people back in by spewing nonsense?

Does each nonsense post get your pork sword just that little bit harder?

Give me the truth Dave. It feels like I see through the Matrix.

Only if you have full financial backing to build a strong squad...and even then...

It'll be interesting to see how Koeman copes. Moyes and Martinez suffered with it. Thursday to Sunday schedule with this group of players = no chance.
Thats your opinion Dave. It doesn't change my argument that 2 games a week, and therefore EL, is something we have to learn to cope with if we're to step up.

Good luck with that?

Im sorry, for a second I thought we supported the same team.

Players all want European football, you know why? Sponsors, they all have them and they all have clauses for European football, plus the exposure of being in Europe, I think you underestimate the power of European football. We wont be able to attract the tier 1 players without massive wages and constant CL football, but the tier 2 players we couldnt attract in the summer will join a club with European football.

Its about building a squad, a squad for European football, hell Moyes used it to blood youngsters, if we want to be a success as a club we need fixture pile ups.

15th May 1985 we were in Holland for a cup final, 18th May we were in London for another cup final, I crave fixture pile ups.

I want European football too mate because I enjoy following the blooz. I think you'd be hard pushed to find an Everton supporter that doesn't want to watch us in Europe.

Are you a creation of the admin of this place to keep pulling people back in by spewing nonsense?

Wondered that myself at times.

35,000 posts though

And @davek - take the personal stuff to PM - this is off topic !!!!!

To be fair it's what all teams do. No team has 66 points from 22 games and 2nd to 6th are miles off it just like us.
There are posers on here *cough* " @MoutsGoat " *cough* who are trying to tell others we are on course for 34-36 points from the remaining 16 games.

I just think that's cruel delusion of the forum.

I want European football too mate because I enjoy following the blooz. I think you'd be hard pushed to find an Everton supporter that doesn't want to watch us in Europe.

A funny story, my brother is a kopite, hes a good lad for a vermin, he travels all over the world watching them, my mum said to me once, "Why didnt you go to aways in Europe when you were his age", fume doesnt even cover it!!!

I would love to be a young un and be able to go all over the place watching the blues, hell maybe in a few years when the kids grow up and hopefully koff I can get my life back and im hoping I have some dodgy Polish cities to visit.

Its what we all want as fans, match going or non match going, if it was up to me, I would want Everton to play everyday, surely as fans we only want to watch our team?

Thats your opinion Dave. It doesn't change my argument that 2 games a week, and therefore EL, is something we have to learn to cope with if we're to step up.
...my point is unassailable: a team without mega riches is going to struggle with Thursday-Sunday schedules. Get the riches in place first before attempting it. We have the cart before the horse with this European football. We cant do it successfully and it impacts our PL season.

Status
Not open for further replies.