Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right in all respects, but I also think that in some cases, like Sissoko (phew! lucky), they just didn't want to come. Now, that can be attributed to 'selling the club' to the players but if they don't want to be here...

True.

I guess the hard part is figuring out early on which players are 'really' interested in coming to us when we make an enquiry. A lot of agents are going to lie and play off interest from clubs against each other to try and draw bids from bigger clubs. I guess it's similar to poker, trying to figure out which agent is just playing you.

No it's just being realistic that no one will pay the asking price so what's the point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be here another season to finish 5-7th and lose about £40 odd million when we sell him the season after for relative pittance when that £40 million could sign us 1-2 quality players.

With or without Rom next season we'll finish around 5-7th just means we'll only win some games 2-1 instead of 3-1/4-1. Would rather start the inevitable rebuild now and let Koeman bring in players for the long term who want to be here ala Spurs than drag this sideshow on.
You just said with or without Rom next season we won't finish above 5th and then say let Keoman rebuild? Rebuild for what? To finish 5th at best? Because you said with or without Rom we'll finish no higher than 5th! My head hurts I'm confused???

You just said with or without Rom next season we won't finish above 5th and then say let Keoman rebuild? Rebuild for what? To finish 5th at best? Because you said with or without Rom we'll finish no higher than 5th! My head hurts I'm confused???

Remind me of when we last finished in the top 4 mate? Did we have Rooney or Marcus Bent up top?

I'm sorry but the whole argument of keeping Rom so we can finish 4th is rubbish. Our chances are slim for the top 4 and that's not including us having Europa League to contend with.

I hope so.

And hot as well as long :pint2:

kenneth_williams2.jpg~c200

Remind me of when we last finished in the top 4 mate? Did we have Rooney or Marcus Bent up top?

I'm sorry but the whole argument of keeping Rom so we can finish 4th is rubbish. Our chances are slim for the top 4 and that's not including us having Europa League to contend with.

Id say we have a better chance of finishing top 4 if we have the premier leagues top scorer from the 2016/17 season.

Id say we have a better chance of finishing top 4 if we have the premier leagues top scorer from the 2016/17 season.

Buying 2 lottery tickets instead of 1 gives me a better chance of winning the lotto doesn't mean I'm going to sack off my job in anticipation of picking up my winnings.

We will finish 7th this season, we have finished 5th and 6th many more times and some of those without a top striker at the club. We are just as far behind the top 4/5 clubs than we always have been, the amount of fans who are expecting us to finish top 4 next season whilst juggling the Europa league and hopefully the 2 domestic cups is kopite level deluded.

Aim for it by all means but don't do yourself out of £40-50 million by keeping a player who doesn't want to be here in the very faint hope.

Keeping Stones when he had 3/4 years left on his deal was excellent business, keeping Rom who only has 2 is poor business if he doesn't sign a new deal and the likely result is we might at best finish 5/6th instead of 7th next year and take a massive financial hit the following year when he's sold on the relative cheap.

Is that when kenwright didn't have a pot to piss in

Makes no difference, he shouldn't have been giving it the big one about no one can afford him, then it was not for less than £50m, in the end it was too low a figure. Hopefully they make a stand this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.