Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom has been poor in the last two games and the situation last night with Williams wasnt good either, I wonder if its a attitude problem he has that has been made worse over the last week or so by Moshiri/Koeman telling him he is going nowhere in the summer and he isnt happy about it?

Until the Williams thing I've never seen anything to suggest that's he's not well liked. So back to you talking tosh

Im not saying he isn't think your just riled up lad and arguing the toss for the sake of it. Re read what I said if he stays great if he goes we get a ton of money and the squad galvanises like they did when Rooney/Lescott left and like Southampton did under RK when they lost half their squad and we're supposedly favourites for the drop.

The less said about not passing to Mirallas and Barkley the better.

What annoyed me though was how many times Ross broke away with the ball and rather than running into space to receive a pass he just hid on the other side of the pitch.

i turned the game off as soon as the pen was awarded. I read stuff today and see a video of rom going balistic at something with pogba, an apparent spat with williams and robles should have been sent off for hoofing the ball away in dissent. there was only 50 seconds left when i turned off.

Im not saying he isn't think your just riled up lad and arguing the toss for the sake of it. Re read what I said if he stays great if he goes we get a ton of money and the squad galvanises like they did when Rooney/Lescott left and like Southampton did under RK when they lost half their squad and we're supposedly favourites for the drop.
Why would you think selling the best striker we've had in 30 years would improve us mate?

It very rarely works that way.

No doubting rom hasn't been at his best last 2 games, apparently he can't do it against the top teams, makes me wonder whether the elite level coaches know how to drill their teams to deal with him or whether he simply doesn't truly believe his own hype and bottles it on the big stage. Most of the top tier, world class strikers are the opposite, same arrogance in interviews etc but they perform against the top teams in the big occasions and can't be arsed against the lower level opposition. Not sure what point this makes but something to think about

F sake debunking my post in one reply only.

sulks off*

Haha it was a different scenario tho'.
Sharp and Heath were top players and we just reverted to a winning team.
Different now, as we haven't reached them heights yet.
Choice of keep Lukaku or sell? No brainer, especially because he can get so much better, if he puts the work in.

Haha it was a different scenario tho'.
Sharp and Heath were top players and we just reverted to a winning team.
Different now, as we haven't reached them heights yet.
Choice of keep Lukaku or sell? No brainer, especially because he can get so much better, if he puts the work in.
We need to build a team around him. I think in honesty there's a lot of defence mechanism going up from some of our fans in anticipation of a move, and because of his comments, but we're onto an ace thing here and replacing him is gonna be a nightmare.

He does my head in too sometimes but we got to appreciate him while we can. His poor games this week should resonate that there's still distance he needs to grow at Everton, or he could alternatively try and blame it on inferior team mates and he needs better service. Who knows.

Sharp and Heath, now that was a partnership.

Rom has been poor in the last two games and the situation last night with Williams wasnt good either, I wonder if its a attitude problem he has that has been made worse over the last week or so by Moshiri/Koeman telling him he is going nowhere in the summer and he isnt happy about it?
This, or probly his agents phone hasn't exactly been ringing off the hook (4th year in a row) in response to his, sadly now annual, 'come and get me, I'm ready' plea. Scoring goals may not be the only thing he learnt from Et'o

I think in honesty there's a lot of defence mechanism going up from some of our fans in anticipation of a move.

Sharp and Heath, now that was a partnership.
Totally agree with both comments, and I even annoy myself trying to justify why selling him is a good move, especially to non Everton fans when really I'm gutted about the inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.