Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the whole Lukaku conundrum in a nutshell, some weeks He's Big Vic on Valium...others he's a 90M+ super striker.

On the other hand, we've had all these mega buck offers for him...suitors lined up down the road.

So just where does the truth lie?
He's a class act. People are right when they say he's the best signing we've had in 30 years. He has off games but so do all strikers. Unless he wants out, and is being problematic, I'd keep him as long as he has legs. If we do sell him it needs to be for huge money.

That's the whole Lukaku conundrum in a nutshell, some weeks He's Big Vic on Valium...others he's a 90M+ super striker.

On the other hand, we've had all these mega buck offers for him...suitors lined up down the road.

So just where does the truth lie?

tbh, if he scores every week we won't care.
When he doesn't score it's down to the dummies behind him not feeding the right ball through. He is a a deadly finisher. There's not much wavering in his commitment each week or his ability to slot. There is a lot of ropey form from suppliers though. He was well served today and that was the difference.

Think they cherry picked that over the last 2 and a half seasons, which is mostly when we finished 11th and were terrible. I'm sure he scored a few against top 6 sides in his first season.

I also think it's a flawed statistic unless you're playing for one of the top 2 or 3 teams. Naturally we, being between 11th and now 7th in that time, aren't going to batter the top 6 like we might Sunderland or Bournemouth. And thus Rom is more likely to be isolated and getting fewer chances.

He's still managed some superb solo goals against top teams mind you. The one vs arsenal from the right wing and the Chelsea cup goal come to mind.
seen him have good games against chelsea, arsenal, the 3-3 derby he was good, off the top of my head that, but he has never struck me as a flat track bully (those kind of goalscorers are still very useful)

When he doesn't score it's down to the dummies behind him not feeding the right ball through. He is a a deadly finisher. There's not much wavering in his commitment each week or his ability to slot. There is a lot of ropey form from suppliers though. He was well served today and that was the difference.
Under the Martinez/Kenwright regime he would've been sold.
Now Kaiser Koeman can build around him and Lookman

Under the Martinez/Kenwright regime he would've been sold.
Now Kaiser Koeman can build around him and Lookman
Like they sold Stones.

He'll go this summer, Lukaku. I doubt we'll see as prolific a striker again for years to come. As this manager told him, you leave Everton if you want to be a success.

Think they cherry picked that over the last 2 and a half seasons, which is mostly when we finished 11th and were terrible. I'm sure he scored a few against top 6 sides in his first season.

I also think it's a flawed statistic unless you're playing for one of the top 2 or 3 teams. Naturally we, being between 11th and now 7th in that time, aren't going to batter the top 6 like we might Sunderland or Bournemouth. And thus Rom is more likely to be isolated and getting fewer chances.

He's still managed some superb solo goals against top teams mind you. The one vs arsenal from the right wing and the Chelsea cup goal come to mind.
Really weird stat, especially given he had a hattrick in Ferguson's last game when he was only a teenager.

Just checkling and way to go MOTD for using stats to pretend to support a conclusion you have already reached with little data!

In his 14/15 season whilst on loan he scored 5 goals in his 8 appearance vs "top6" and at West Brom 5 in 10 appearances with all those being off the bench.

Add in cups for us (4 in 5 appearances), they are really trying to make something up.

He's a class act. People are right when they say he's the best signing we've had in 30 years. He has off games but so do all strikers. Unless he wants out, and is being problematic, I'd keep him as long as he has legs. If we do sell him it needs to be for huge money.

The problem we have is we dont have someone of similar quality on the bench for when he is having a off day

Status
Not open for further replies.