Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't go for Rom until Costa leaves. If Costa goes to China they should get anywhere around £50m in my opinion and then we should be asking them to stump up at least £85m considering they received £60m for Oscar.

It's a bit strange really, it almost feels like he's already left..
I get what you're saying, but China transfer fees shouldn't be the barometer for transfers anywhere else. The 60mil they got for Oscar would've been 30-40mil anywhere else.

They won't go for Rom until Costa leaves. If Costa goes to China they should get anywhere around £50m in my opinion and then we should be asking them to stump up at least £85m considering they received £60m for Oscar.

It's a bit strange really, it almost feels like he's already left..
If he leaves.

Or if they go in for Morata. Italian press has him going to Italy, but I'm not buying it.

I get what you're saying, but China transfer fees shouldn't be the barometer for transfers anywhere else. The 60mil they got for Oscar would've been 30-40mil anywhere else.

They still received that kind of cash for him though. It shouldn't be discounted just because of where it came from.

They still received that kind of cash for him though. It shouldn't be discounted just because of where it came from.
But why should a Chinese transfer influence the value of a different player? Chelsea are flush with cash regardless of selling Oscar.

But why should a Chinese transfer influence the value of a different player? Chelsea are flush with cash regardless of selling Oscar.

If we sold Lukaku for £100m to China, don't you think that any player we were interested in would increase in price?

Chelsea might be flush with cash but having that extra money on top should be a factor.

Are people seriously suggesting we wouldn't accept £72 million for Lukaku?

Bloody hell, delusional or...

Are people seriously suggesting we wouldn't accept £72 million for Lukaku?

Bloody hell, delusional or...

When Moshiri joined us there were lots and lots of reports that we'd seek £200m for Stones, Barkley and Lukaku if we were going to sell. £100m would be a world-record fee but I don't think Chelsea would spend that on one player, doubling their £50m club record transfer fee. We should be pushing hard for £80-85m though, considering Pogba went for £89m and we got £47.5m for Stones.

I'm just saying what my mate said, not saying I know personally but he's had afew successes with other info like that in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.