Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
..it's not being a headless chicken, it's playing with a purpose when his team mates need it. I'm not disagreeing that he's at his best joining in with team mates, all I'm saying is that there will be times when other parts of his game are required.

True, but I think it's fair to say this has drastically improved under Koeman.

I can't think of one game since the turn of the year where he hasn't put it about.

True, but I think it's fair to say this has drastically improved under Koeman.

I can't think of one game since the turn of the year where he hasn't put it about.

One thing I've noticed with Lukaku is, in the past when he would get isolated you would see the frustration kick in and then he would look like he couldn't be arsed, seems to have got all that out of his system and just gets on with putting a shift in now.

One thing I've noticed with Lukaku is, in the past when he would get isolated you would see the frustration kick in and then he would look like he couldn't be arsed, seems to have got all that out of his system and just gets on with putting a shift in now.

excellent point Lou and I think this is proved by the amount of late goals he's scored. He seems to be focusing for a full 95 minutes, aware that for 94 minutes he might not get a sniff but one may come in the last kick of the game. He was relatively quiet against Hull then suddenly he's alive and alert when the chances come. That comes with staying focused and not getting agitated or frustrated when balls aren't coming to him as often as he'd like.

As I said earlier on today, the drums are all beating to a different beat currently, hes defo off has been replaced with the first rumblings on a possible new contract getting signed.

The Esk definitely has a source (maybe even sources) but the issue I have is that he doesn't just pass along information. He tries to interpret that information and because he's very positive about Everton, he tends to jump to positive conclusions. So if he's told we're in advanced contract talks with Witsel, he interprets that to mean "he's ours".

In addition, his sources may or may not be well placed enough to have 100% accurate information. How many people who work for Everton would know the ins and outs of all transfer and contract discussions? The sources may be hearing rumors around the office which, as most of us know, can be highly inaccurate.
If he had a source at the club it was either a bad one or one that was taking the piss out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.