Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I have to say I disagree. In some games he will be isolated but he has enough about him to hold on to a football and relieve pressure. It's part and parcel of a CFs job and one that his team mates more than supporters will praise him for.

Oh he has to work hard like anybody else.

But he's never going to be a player who runs about like a headless chicken.

He's at his best when he has players around him. Why we've scored so many goals (at home) lately is because we've done just that...

The Esk definitely has a source (maybe even sources) but the issue I have is that he doesn't just pass along information. He tries to interpret that information and because he's very positive about Everton, he tends to jump to positive conclusions. So if he's told we're in advanced contract talks with Witsel, he interprets that to mean "he's ours".

In addition, his sources may or may not be well placed enough to have 100% accurate information. How many people who work for Everton would know the ins and outs of all transfer and contract discussions? The sources may be hearing rumors around the office which, as most of us know, can be highly inaccurate.

Can't disagree with you there really. He did the same this week with "Bramley Moore is ours" which actually did come off, though the chances are he was doing that tongue-in-cheek anyway.

Yeah I think you're right, he was tongue in cheek. lol

I agree with you generally about him. I think he's sourced and passing on info in good faith, it's how he chooses to pass on his info that puzzles me.

I think if he chose to word some stuff differently he wouldn't get so much of a backlash when some of it doesn't work out, which will happen sometimes no matter how well sourced you are.

Yeah I think you're right, he was tongue in cheek. lol

I agree with you generally about him. I think he's sourced and passing on info in good faith, it's how he chooses to pass on his info that puzzles me.

I think if he chose to word some stuff differently he wouldn't get so much of a backlash when some of it doesn't work out, which will happen sometimes no matter how well sourced you are.
Correct. We've had a couple of 'ITK's' on here whom were genuinely decent lads chased off when things didn't happen. It's just the nature of the beast.

The Esk definitely has a source (maybe even sources) but the issue I have is that he doesn't just pass along information. He tries to interpret that information and because he's very positive about Everton, he tends to jump to positive conclusions. So if he's told we're in advanced contract talks with Witsel, he interprets that to mean "he's ours".

In addition, his sources may or may not be well placed enough to have 100% accurate information. How many people who work for Everton would know the ins and outs of all transfer and contract discussions? The sources may be hearing rumors around the office which, as most of us know, can be highly inaccurate.

Spot on.

I was listening to one of his podcast interviews. He's a really intelligent guy but he often sounds like an Everton PR man, rather than a fan sometimes. It's like you said how he puts his overly optimistic spin on stuff rather than just pass on what he knows that causes him problems.

Correct. We've had a couple of 'ITK's' on here whom were genuinely decent lads chased off when things didn't happen. It's just the nature of the beast.

True. I don't get fans that have a go at ITK's just for getting a couple of things wrong when they've been right before. They're normally the same people who complain that no more ITK's post anymore. lol

Oh he has to work hard like anybody else.

But he's never going to be a player who runs about like a headless chicken.

He's at his best when he has players around him. Why we've scored so many goals (at home) lately is because we've done just that...

..it's not being a headless chicken, it's playing with a purpose when his team mates need it. I'm not disagreeing that he's at his best joining in with team mates, all I'm saying is that there will be times when other parts of his game are required.

He was asked point blank, who he thought would be Everton's next manager.

His words were something basically to the gist of "if I had to put a bet on it right now, I would say Koeman".

Yes he did also say we had been approached by Mourinho, Emery only came into it when Koeman was not sure.

If I could be arsed finding his comments I would. But I can't, so I won't.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...reset-21-05-2016.83876/page-1561#post-4530181

We've moved on mate, Koeman has indicated he's not coming and as you can read, there's the chance of attracting Emery if we meet their demands and he decides for definite he wants to come.

I'm aware since the post to which you replied that several have said Mancini will be interviewed also.

The Esk, May 26, 2016

Not bothered so much about the (many) things that Esk called wrong. (Things can change in transfers).
What stands out though is this:
Williams, Stekelenberg, Gueye, Bolasie, Valencia, Walsh, Lookman, Schneiderlain.

Didn't call a single one of them before the national media.

I'm not personally bothered at all, but when you see people wetting themselves at some of his 'info', I find it cringeworthy.

Not bothered so much about the (many) things that Esk called wrong. (Things can change in transfers).
What stands out though is this:
Williams, Stekelenberg, Gueye, Bolasie, Valencia, Walsh, Lookman, Schneiderlain.

Didn't call a single one of them before the national media.

I'm not personally bothered at all, but when you see people wetting themselves at some of his 'info', I find it cringeworthy.

The only thing hes called has been the 80m loan, which indicates he does have some kind of source somewhere.

As you say, all the signings we made, not a thing on any of them and countless list of other names.

His articles concerning money were always very informative and enjoyable, he did a fine job of looking into that side of things and the site is poorer for his absence regarding such things, but as far as being ITK, no, not at all.

spot on for me. It's probably how i'd be as well given positive information. I don't see the point in people hounding him like they did, it's the internet at the end of the day and everything should be taken with a pinch of salt, i believe he was told things and looked at them too positively and then they didn't happen.

Just because things don't happen, doesn't mean the source is not in the know. But like i said, everything should be taken as a pinch of salt, if people get furious that something didn't happen that they were expecting, that really is there problem.

I presume people lost a fair bit of money on bets that they'd put on in good faith, but that is their problem for believing what they read, regardless of how positively they spun it. Hell i won £600 on martinez being appointed, putting about £200 in total on based on the so called ITK's on this forum. If that didn't happen that would have been my fault for believing and i wouldn't have been venting my frustration on LCAB and foxy.

I still remember when DAVIDMOYES or whatever his name was got hounded out after he said we were signing someone who was there for their coaching or something haha

Status
Not open for further replies.