Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously a great player, but he's always seemed to see himself bigger than us, and he's always been trying to engineer a better move it seems.

His ego took a beating when his beloved Chelsea got rid of him, and he's never made any effort to hide his ambition to play in the Champions League.

Isn't the first and won't be last player to do it no matter how much money we have. Our stock isn't high, and hasnt been since we stagnated in the late eighties.

I just hope he goes abroad.

I'm totally behind Rom, he deserves the best and we are absolutely a million miles away from being close to it, out of both cups and hoping Tottenham let us in the Europa by proxy.

LOL no thanks

Stevie Walsh is gonna have to earn his money this summer. He's gonna have to unearth a striker from another realm to replace Lukaku.

I don't even know of any realistic strikers we could snag who are half as good as him.

You could suggest Lacazette or Aubemeyang etc, but they'd never join Everton.

Troy Deeney anyone?

*Vomits
Rooney!

:blush:

Look anything can happen in football.

This could be another bluff. It could all be nonsense.

If he is to leave, then we have to make sure we get a top replacement because currently, we'd miss him a lot.

However, as much as I like him (and believe me I do), no one man is bigger than Everton.

I just hope this crap doesn't derail our run in.

JS100943173.jpg

I'm not suggesting he would, but it's quite possible another club won't offer the same as we did because he may not be as important to them and it may have a domino effect on their wage bill.

Regardless of that, it's always been quite clear that lukaku is a driven, ambitious footballer. I can't really find it in my heart to call a player all sorts if they move to a club where they can play on the big stage and win stuff rather than finish mid table with us. But then I'm a fairly rational human being and not just a hateful, rabid, one eyed football fan.
Join the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.