Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
raw

if your either one of them fine ladies then I want a big hug as well please.

Lets see what offers rock up in the summer.

Whilst annoyed, in the context of modern football, it isnt hugely surprising. If Rom gets a dream move, (sorted all ready one would think), then he has given us a few great years, and a massive fee.

One thing is sure though. He has to keep playing well. Hopefully anyrate.

Sorry for being realistic. Since our FA Cup win in 95 (a season in which we were pathetic in the league), we have done very little of note in the game.

1 top 4 finish
No trophies
11th last season
No seasons playing in the main CL competition

We've been plucky little Everton for the past 25-30 years and until we start winning things, going far in the Europa League or getting in the top 4, we will always be viewed as a stepping stone to get to a perceived 'bigger club'.

With Moshiri behind us, I think we can push towards that, with or without Lukaku.
I hear you mate.
I'm just thinking of how Howard would have handled this in the mid 80's but in today's market.

" Rom we've had a bid of £200m for you from China, and we've decided to accept it. "
" but gaffer, Chinese footy is [Poor language removed] and I want to go to Madrid "
" soz lad, your off "
* pours a glass of wine.

Bale left Spurs despite being in CL, and look at Kante - won the title and got in the CL with Leicester but still left. Some clubs are bigger than others and even if we hate to admit it, Everton aren't the biggest club in england and won't be. These superstars are ambitious and fair play to them, its got them to where they are. All we can do is look to find an adequate replacement(s).

My go at second guessing what's gone on.
  • Lukaku wants off. Shock.
  • Everton, currently can prevent this.
  • Raiola knows this, and wanted a new deal with a minimum fee release.
  • Both parties then, want/wanted a deal.
  • Everton/Raiola couldn't agree that fee. Raiola wanting less, knowing he has teams who'd pay an amount.
  • Raiola turned to the media - 99.99999% done stuff was solely to add pressure on Everton to accept their terms.
  • Everton won't budge.
  • Lukaku comments and todays media leak the last attempt to secure that contract renewal to avoid derailing EFC season.
I hope Everton stand firm, accept no deal with a low minimum fee. A deal now with a low minimum fee means Lukaku leaves in the summer and Raiola pockets from Everton in the immediate, and for the transfer.

He has 2 years after this one remaining. What's Lukaku worth to Everton a season?
I could see this being very close to the truth tbh.
It would also show him as a cancer in the club if he has no intention of ever trying to push us on. This could also be effecting Barkley's contract negotiations.

The guy has even been shadowing Lookman.

Might be risky but I hope this gives DCL a chance to grasp the nettle and oust the big semi-final bottling judas.

If we get the money for him, I'd say let him go. If he wants a move that badly he'll play well for the rest of the season, hopefully get us into the EL, command a large fee, and allow us to try and find a high class replacement, difficult as that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.