Roger Kenyon 1970 title winner gets his medal -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger Kenyon was a young player who helped to win the 1969/70 title as our captain got injured long term towards the end of the Title run in - simple as that he deserved his medal, a class centre half for us then & seasons after.... becoming Captain of our club came through the youth system signed from Blackpool FC @TangerineToffee .....
Roger happy to get his medal for sure. He was snaffled by the Toffees before he got a chance to pull on the tangerine shirt. Straight from school at 15 and onto future glory with the blues and in the North American league. Did sign for Blackpool early 80s after his Vancouver Whitecaps adventure but never played a game for his hometown club.

Roger happy to get his medal for sure. He was snaffled by the Toffees before he got a chance to pull on the tangerine shirt. Straight from school at 15 and onto future glory with the blues and in the North American league. Did sign for Blackpool early 80s after his Vancouver Whitecaps adventure but never played a game for his hometown club.
Never knew he signed for Blackpool!!I know he won the NA SL with Vancouver,got a feeling Bally was there too!!

Never knew he signed for Blackpool!!I know he won the NA SL with Vancouver,got a feeling Bally was there too!!
We had a number of Blackpool FC players - Hurst, Kenyon, & Westy who traveled daily to Bellfield & back in a shared car - they were held up by a traffic accident one Monday morning .....& The Catt had in book if you were late you got docked a day's pay ......

They all went to the Catt's office to bend his ear on the traffic accident as their valid excuse....for arriving 15 minutes late .....
The Catt was having none of it he replied What time did our last home game finish on Saturday ?
You have had since then to arrive on time .....sorry but the rules stand ......

Roger Kenyon was finally presented with a 1969/70 League Championship medal on Monday afternoon. He stood in for captain Brian Labone & was brilliant
The Football League recently changed the rules regarding the awarding of medals, meaning that some players who hadn’t played sufficient games at the time can now receive one retrospectively.

Blues Chairman Bill Kenwright authorised the purchase of medals for those who now qualify, and Kenyon was presented with his by former teammate Joe Royle during the annual Everton Former Players’ Foundation Christmas Lunch -

View attachment 196532
Seriously though, where's the medal ? Looks like a medal case with a piece of paper (that's probably from Bill with an "I owe you one medal")

Yeah Bally and Roger were leading lights in that title win. Bally was man of the match in the final. An old favourite of mine at Blackpool John Craven skippered them to a memorable victory. Quite a few others from England and Scotland on board too. Willie Johnson and Carl Valentine spring to mind.

Yeah Bally and Roger were leading lights in that title win. Bally was man of the match in the final. An old favourite of mine at Blackpool John Craven skippered them to a memorable victory. Quite a few others from England and Scotland on board too. Willie Johnson and Carl Valentine spring to mind.
remember as a very young kid collecting the footy stickers and thinking he was the fella off Newsround???

Status
Not open for further replies.