Rodwell or Gosling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbiolo

Valuation: £108 million
Who impressed you the most last night?

There is no doubting that both were excellent considering their age and lack of experience. But for me, Rodwell just shaded it. I just felt he looked more composed overall. I'm not taking anything away from Gosling, he played a blinder as well. But up until the goal, I had been admiring Rodwell's performance greatly.

Both great talents for the future.

Both are very comfortable and not scared of the ball, they want it passed to them too.

I think Gosling more last night. He just had a go, had 3 shots on goal, got into space, made space, was alert. I do think it took a few minutes for him to adjust - he came on, on the right wing, then moved left, then back right etc.

Rodwell took longer to settle in (talking minutes like). Our shape went, which is what happened last Sunday against the [Poor language removed] when he came on. The fact they had a man down helped him have space. But he did control the ball well, and passed well. Seemed scared to get forward when he was in space. The shot he had you could see he was getting forward with acres of space and wondering "what the **** am I doing up here". He did feel very comfortable supporting the defence when Lescott went further up - but he will being he is a centre half by trade.

Both looking great though.

Rodwell's going to be a far better player to be honest, he's a rolls royce player.

Golsing is a lot better than I thought though, completely proved me wrong. He reminds me of Cahill in alot of ways. Good energy, full of running and gets into some great positions.

Both good up and coming players, Gosling is closer to the team though. Mainly because he can play outwide and is older.

I would say Rodwell - however he had space to play yesterday, where as Gosling had more people marking him...

...Also gosling scored, had a shot and instead of trying to score against wasted time instead - very good, so ill go for Gosling.

i would have to say rodwell, in all honesty before the goal gosling was shooting rather poorly (i know thats not supposed to be his strength as a defender, but he did give up some chances).

rodwell made things happen better in my opinion, this was definitely the best i'd seen him play, and without the goal i think gosling's performance may not have been seen as that remarkable (i'm not taking anything away from him, he's just about my favorite person in the world right now).

Rodwell's going to be a far better player to be honest, he's a rolls royce player.

Golsing is a lot better than I thought though, completely proved me wrong. He reminds me of Cahill in alot of ways. Good energy, full of running and gets into some great positions.

Both good up and coming players, Gosling is closer to the team though. Mainly because he can play outwide and is older.

Coming from you TB, that's a great compliment.

I'm not the best reader of the game on here, but there does strike me to be something a little bit special about the lad. I don't want to get carried away, though.

Not important, but did you see him at the end when he came literally skipping up to Gosling with a huge grin on his face? A class moment and brought a lump to my throat.

I thought Rodwell was superb last night and looked very composed. Gosling showed good potential with an excellent strike but I think Rodwell is nearer to being a first team regular. Hopefully both will continue to improve though and nail down starting slots.

i would have to say rodwell, in all honesty before the goal gosling was shooting rather poorly (i know thats not supposed to be his strength as a defender, but he did give up some chances).

rodwell made things happen better in my opinion, this was definitely the best i'd seen him play, and without the goal i think gosling's performance may not have been seen as that remarkable (i'm not taking anything away from him, he's just about my favorite person in the world right now).

But he got into the space and made the shot. Cant remember any other player in the team that did that all game...apart from Osman.

Both . Two diffent types . Too diffent to be compared really . What was similar was the manner in which they took to it like a birth-rite .
God bless the pair of them .
L.C.A.B. ;)

Both . Two diffent types . Too different to be compared really . What was similar was the manner in which they took to it, like a birth-rite .
God bless the pair of them .

Sorry about the double thing . Pressed send twice . Ahem . ******** .
Oh , and cheers Neb' my mate .
L.C.A.B. ;)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.