Rodwell and Baines tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodwell looks like he's growing in confidence each game, played well tonight - should have buried that header though! Maybe he'll start to become the player we all expected him to be now

Intereting Rodders played on the right of a midfeild three, he got forward well, kept pocession and was generally steady and assured certainly didnt llook out of his depth in either game.

Im thinking

A central midfeld three of

Rodders-Mofro - Barkley.

My mate took me to game, he's a member of 'Club Wembley'.

Well played boys, they both showed moments of what they do. Still think Rodwell needs to demand the ball more, often he seems loiter without intent. Unlucky with that header. But a good performance from both.

Intereting Rodders played on the right of a midfeild three, he got forward well, kept pocession and was generally steady and assured certainly didnt llook out of his depth in either game.

Im thinking

Rodders-Mofro - Barkley.

Yeahhhhhh Moyes won't do that :)

Or allow Rodwell to get near the box in fact!

Im thinking

Rodders-Mofro - Barkley.

I read that in a Louie Spence voice.

Im thinking

Rodders-Mofro - Barkley.

I remember asking for that midfield line up in the summer. It looks MEGA to me

Im thinking

Rodders-Mofro - Barkley.

Ive been championing Rodwell on the right of centre for some time, with Barkley in the future slightly advanced.....

Looking good :)

Ive been championing Rodwell on the right of centre for some time, with Barkley in the future slightly advanced.....

Looking good :)

I though having him on the right of a mid three would mean Fellaini would hang back and both Rodwell and Barkley would get forward. And then Baines/Drenthe on the left and Coleman on the right. It's a shame Seamus looked really out of his depth when he switched sides with Drenthe because it would mean a more dynamic play. Which is also one of the reasons why I think he needs to move back to fullback sooner rather than later..

Thought Rodwell put in a steady, controlled performance, with glimpses of his attacking qualities. He can be happy with that performance. Also thought we lost balance when he came off.

But...still feels to me though like he's only in third gear and could step it up considerably if he believed more in himself. Not sure exactly what it is with him - maybe needs to demand the ball more and be more aggressive with the ball. Maybe it'll come with experience. Phil Neville could teach him to point more.

I have a feeling Baines will miss out again next summer, hope I am wrong but he will never get picked over Cashley, unless cole gets injured before the season ends that is.

Could see him taking Lescott as a back up centre half and emergency left back if needed

Thought Rodwell put in a steady, controlled performance, with glimpses of his attacking qualities. He can be happy with that performance. Also thought we lost balance when he came off.

But...still feels to me though like he's only in third gear and could step it up considerably if he believed more in himself. Not sure exactly what it is with him - maybe needs to demand the ball more and be more aggressive with the ball. Maybe it'll come with experience. Phil Neville could teach him to point more.

Agree completely with this, if Rodwell could add more aggression into his game he could be a really top player. Sometimes though he seems quite comfortable being a passenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.