Confirmed Signing Robin Olsen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember him from his time in Denmark, playing for FC Copenhagen. From what i recall, he was rock solid, had some good games in the Europa League one of the years he was at FCK. Struck me as a keeper you could trust.

Think his good Europa League perfomances earned him the move to Roma, and if i recall correct, he had an absolutely hoooooorrible start to his tenure in Italy, which lost him his place in the Roma team quite early.

No clue how he's been for Cagliari.

He's just another Stekelenburg isn't he really, I'll give the man a clean slate regardless of what he did at previous clubs but it feels like we're gonna have to wait for another Pickford mistake to see Olsen get a chance in goal.

Olsen has not been brought in to play games this season and anyone thinking that he will oust Pickford should prepare to be disappointed. Pickford will be our number 1 until 2021/22 so bite down on your dummy and get used to it!

Ancelotti clearly believes (and who are we to doubt him) that competition on the training pitch is what drives the squad and that is Olsen's role. If Picko keeps making howlers and Olsen plays a few games in his place then that i) puts the wind up Pickford; and, perhaps more importantly ii) provides the evidence and the narrative for us getting a full-time replacement next year (big Gianluigi Don, #welcometoEverton).

There were far more important areas of the team that needed a permanent fix this year, which we have done. You can win games by outscoring teams and protecting your GK from over-exposure through centre midfield, but you can't win games by conceding less but not scoring (as blindingly obvious as it sounds).

Looking forward to seeing how Picko responds and I hope for the love of the lord that he ups his game.

The only thing pickford has going for him atm is that hes good with his feet until he passes it to the Op striker for another clanger. We are in need of a no nonsense keeper to just do his job and not act like hes auditioning for a remake of the Goal movie each week. Hopefully this fella will do the job

I'd like to think he'll put a bit more pressure on Pickford, which as it stands wouldn't be difficult as Lossl and Virginia offer the combined total of zero threat to the current #1's place, which makes you wonder why they're here at all. Of course, Pickford may well interpret it as a move to replace the often-injured Lossl and nothing to do with the clangers he's dropped. I've only seen Olsen for Sweden, but I'd have had no problem putting him on at half-time last Saturday, had he been available at that point. Surely he must have more of a chance of breathing down Pickford's neck? I hope the last-minute scratching around for a keeper may have sent a warning to Pickford, but I somehow doubt it. Spuds and Man Utd were always going to mess us around, but we didn't need to panic too much as the EFL window is yet to close, so why not go for Butland? At least that would have been getting a proper contender for the #1 spot. Anyway, hopefully we'll see Olsen play at some point... maybe after Pickford costs us a game, as opposed to just a goal. It may be that this league suits him, so I think getting him in is worth a go.

I'd like to think he'll put a bit more pressure on Pickford, which as it stands wouldn't be difficult as Lossl and Virginia offer the combined total of zero threat to the current #1's place, which makes you wonder why they're here at all. Of course, Pickford may well interpret it as a move to replace the often-injured Lossl and nothing to do with the clangers he's dropped. I've only seen Olsen for Sweden, but I'd have had no problem putting him on at half-time last Saturday, had he been available at that point. Surely he must have more of a chance of breathing down Pickford's neck? I hope the last-minute scratching around for a keeper may have sent a warning to Pickford, but I somehow doubt it. Spuds and Man Utd were always going to mess us around, but we didn't need to panic too much as the EFL window is yet to close, so why not go for Butland? At least that would have been getting a proper contender for the #1 spot. Anyway, hopefully we'll see Olsen play at some point... maybe after Pickford costs us a game, as opposed to just a goal. It may be that this league suits him, so I think getting him in is worth a go.

Why no PL club come in for him? He relegated with his club in 2018.

I think the clown will be given one last chance.
Unfortunately that is going to be in our biggest game of the season , next up.
If he messes up again then I have no doubt that Olsen will then play.
From everything that I have read , heard and seen ( only in highlights ) Olsen is at a higher level than Lossl and Virginia. He is big but apparently has a mistake in him and his distribution is not great.
I don't think that either are the long term answer and that we will see a top quality keeper brought in as a priority in the summer.

Olsen has not been brought in to play games this season and anyone thinking that he will oust Pickford should prepare to be disappointed. Pickford will be our number 1 until 2021/22 so bite down on your dummy and get used to it!

Ancelotti clearly believes (and who are we to doubt him) that competition on the training pitch is what drives the squad and that is Olsen's role. If Picko keeps making howlers and Olsen plays a few games in his place then that i) puts the wind up Pickford; and, perhaps more importantly ii) provides the evidence and the narrative for us getting a full-time replacement next year (big Gianluigi Don, #welcometoEverton).

There were far more important areas of the team that needed a permanent fix this year, which we have done. You can win games by outscoring teams and protecting your GK from over-exposure through centre midfield, but you can't win games by conceding less but not scoring (as blindingly obvious as it sounds).

Looking forward to seeing how Picko responds and I hope for the love of the lord that he ups his game.
I think he will get games no problem, pickford is a flapper.

Inappropriate Language
I think he will get games no problem, pickford is a flapper.

I have a horrible feeling you're right. Depends on how Jordan F*****G CALM DOWN Pickford reacts.

You never know, he could become World Cup 2018 Jordan Pickford

I have a horrible feeling you're right. Depends on how Jordan F*****G CALM DOWN Pickford reacts.

You never know, he could become World Cup 2018 Jordan Pickford
Between the two of them they will get us through the season, then carlo will bring in a new no.1.Pickford will be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.