Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was tongue in cheek. What he was saying was that he didn't want Martinez at all and would even take kopites before him.

He was saying at the start that it should be from within though so he can't have been all there.

He was not saying it he was shouting it - if a blue a disgrace Kopite behaviour!

If your criteria is PL experience then he is the right man.

Mourino, AVB, Wenger, Benitez et al all came and succeeded without it(well not AVB yet)
To be honest he failed this season, Arsenal lost their world class striker and Spurs had a world class player in form and still lost a CL place. Wenger was a risk and also got relegation on his CV. You have to remember Wenger, Rafael and Mourino went to top clubs who could spend a lot of money, we don't have the same pull. What about managers from out of England at smaller clubs?

Numerous names have been put forward on here and possibly some not. They do not have to be out of contract, aske permission to approach if you identify the right one.

Tuchel
Piera
Rangel

These may seem better, And i've been banging the Pereira drum more than most, but if you did a plusses and minuses I bet Martinez would win.
Also, it's pretty well know that Pereria was interviewed. Obviously didn't do too well there did he?
I also think it's important to now realise that Pereira isn't a manager. He's a head coach. Big difference.

Don't get me wrong, I would still prefer him I think. But we'd need a Director of Football or the like to go with him. That's just more money up the shaft.

Is there any guaranted whatsoever though that they will do better than Martinez?

I'm more than prepared to give the guy a chance. This negativity towards him will most certainly not help.

I have never said I won't fully support him if he is the one, I will I'm a blue. I just feel we could have done better, so shoot me!

I have never said I won't fully support him if he is the one, I will I'm a blue. I just feel we could have done better, so shoot me!

Wasn't meant as a personal attack on you mate. It's just that in my opinion there's no way we can be sure that bringing in Pereira, Ragnick or whoever is out there would prove to be a better choice.

Lets be honest Martinez won't rock the boat he will sit there smiling talking about how we passed the ball really well on the end of a 5-2 bumming from hull while kenwright sells nearly every sellable asset at the club behind his back and we fly down the leauge. 3 at the back doesn't work in this leauge never has done never will, if city can't make it work how the hell are we going to?

But he keep clapping boys.

IMO thats extremely important btw. Especially when we are talking about Everton. Stability is the key. I believe we can achieve better results with Martinez.
If we would have appointed some over dramatic personality such as Mancini, it would have turned into chaos really quickly.

We wont get relegated under martinez anyone saying we will need to calm the **** down and relax and be objective, the squads too good, it took him a few years with a woefully low paying wage club robbed of any developing player he brought in that was a success, if it took them that long to go down we arent in any realistic danger, to say we are is being a big girls fanny about not getting who ya wanted

We wont 'push on' and get champions league under Martinez, anyone saying that needs to cal down and be objective, he has never ever showed any single thing in his managerial career that would change us from a 6-8th club to bridge the gap to top 4.

The real way to judge the guy is to see who he brings in and if he has the ability to manage bigger name players, bigger ego's, can he sort their contracts out to keep them, can he sell the club to foreign players wanting to play for a top team or is he gonna think small time, like Hodgson did at the ****e tbf who bought mid table to championship level players for them.

the real way to judge him is if he manages to keep us around the level were at in the league, pushing for the europa league spot, can he do well in cups and can he maintain the overall ability level of an aging in places squad, he does this hes a sucess

the dream of anything more than that has to wait until a change in owner WHOEVER the manager was gonna be

I'm going to sit in the garden and enjoy the sun. come back the savvo to see if anything has happened.

Get yer tan, while yer can.

Status
Not open for further replies.