Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
juliette ferrington ‏@juliette_grace 4m

Whelan: "I had a meeting with Roberto tonight, we are still very good friends and will be friends for the rest of our lives." #WAFC #EFC

juliette ferrington ‏@juliette_grace 1m

Whelan: "Everton is a family-run club, a friendly club with a great bunch of supporters. It's a super club." #EFC

Wait... he's still going at it!!! hahaha

Most pro-Moyes posters will be inclined to be sceptical, naturally. I can't speak for everyone who wanted Moyes to stay, but they thought Moyes, above all, was the right man for the job. He fitted us like a glove. He's turned us into a top team on a shoe-string and has left to take the biggest job in football replaced by a young manager who is really quite unproven despite his FA cup win.

Martinez has never had a job remotely like this and we have no idea how he'll do, let's face it. He'll be under more pressure here than in either of his previous jobs and he will take more stick for his shortcomings than at Wigan where he had the mitigating factors of having a sh*t budget as well as a sh*t side. We need this appointment to work. I see this as much more of a gamble than the other candidates.

Don't disagree with any of what you are saying. But speaking as someone who was in the pro-Moyes camp myself he seems to me to be the best candidate to continue Moyes' legacy, although probably with a different approach on the pitch. It's a gamble alright, but that's what Moyes was. And there is no guarantee that the fellers from Portugal or Germany would have been any less so.

Look mate none of us know until xmas of the first season what we're in for. I get riled about this kopite behaviour sulking about "THEIR" choice not getting picked it's completely detrimental, remember Rafael leaving and kopites demanding Mourinho et al leading to a poisonous attitude regarding managers that virtually ruined the club.

It's cost them millions and they haven't recovered to this day, some are going down that road and need to pull up and give the lad a chance, indeed GET BEHIND HIM - not too much to ask of evertonians is it?

I don't think anyone's going to walk into Goodison and start booing him. Nor do I think everyone's going to get unduly on his case if we have a slow start. We all know Roberto's as young as Moyes was when he took over and needs time, just like Moyes did.

Regardless of what is being posted on GOT 99.9% will be behind him from the off. I reckon the roof will be lifted on his first Goodison game, tbh. Even Drenthe got a massive reception for his first appearance ffs. We will not act like the kopites did with Hodgson here, mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.