Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First Season

League 6/10, we won nothing, we could have got 4th but the utter clown loaned an injured striker
Cups 3/10, we didnt win a thing

Second Season

League 3/10, utter rubbish
Cups 1/10, Just LOL
Europe 5/10, spanked and sent home the first time we faced a decent side

Third Season

League 2/10, Not a single improvement, anywhere
Cups 8/10, Unless we win it

Overall 4/10

Tony Pullis levels of utter failure
Don't forget starting Osman over an in the form of his life McCarthy against Palace. He should have been sacked in the dressing room when that team was announced.

Poch employs a high pressing game

It took them a while to get used to (in fact, all of last season), but the fact is that if you press high up the pitch then there is less chance of the opposition getting in on your defence (which in their case is also very good)

He also in stills discipline and tactical awareness into them.

They very rarely make mistakes. They all know there roles.

Ours are a rabble who have no guidance or leadership from there manager.
All they get is freedom and left to it.

Martinez really has let them and himself down this year.

Baines is better than Oviedo in every way you want to rate a player besides one Zat, he is older, ahhh now i get whay you want shut of baines and Jagielka - they also happen to be older than 21

Will probably get a waring for this, but honestly don't care mate, your talking utter [Poor language removed]

Youre embarrassing yourself if you think Baines is better than Oviedo defensively. Case in point last game where he was miles out of position...

Your other post regarding Jagielka stopping a goal...you should watch the match again as Mori covered Jagielka on two occasiions i spotted (so at least twice) where he saved him from being totally beaten.

Youre writing that i only want to sign u21 players yet i suggested Jermaine Defoe to be signed in the transfer thread + the first choice goalkeepers id like are all 23+

Think you need to give your head a wobble.....

I'm basing what you could reasonably expect partly on our squad and partly on our revenue. Our squad isn't as good as people like to think it is. If we're brutally honest with ourselves, it's a "fighting for Europa League" squad rather than "fighting for Champions League squad".

Horse radish.

We have the best striker in europe.

Baines is better than Oviedo in every way you want to rate a player besides one Zat, he is older, ahhh now i get whay you want shut of baines and Jagielka - they also happen to be older than 21

Will probably get a waring for this, but honestly don't care mate, your talking utter [Poor language removed]
Baines hasn't though, has been nowhere near his best for the last two years. Maybe because he is still struggling with that ankle, but Oviedo when he's come in has been very good, far better than Baines.

They were both utter tosh.

Sorry but they were.

Showed nothing more than anybody else on the pitch. Though Jagielka did shout a lot in an attempt to organise.

Agreed, both shocking....baines responsible for a goal as he was miles out of position and Jags actually done for 2 certain goals but for Mori coming to save him.

Didnt notice Jaga shouting to be honest, only once at a corner.

Ive always liked both players but they dont offer what is needed.....ability to defend + pass the ball with confidence.

Looked alot better with Galloway and Browning at full back for me....dont think we should have them as 1st choices but we should bring in new players now.

Sick of all this Jags is captain and Baines is the best left back in the world shouts.....they arent untouchable.

He also in stills discipline and tactical awareness into them.

They very rarely make mistakes. They all know there roles.

Ours are a rabble who have no guidance or leadership from there manager.
All they get is freedom and left to it.

Martinez really has let them and himself down this year.

Agreed and think if he was in charge of our team we would be up there.

Leicester and Tottenham both showing that if your players are set-up properly, know their roles in the games, work hard and have a bit of quality about them, then wining the league is possible.

Our defence looks clueless and on Saturday the two central midfielders in front of them didn't look like they knew what themselves or the other was doing.

We have the best striker in europe.

True that, but how many other players in our squad would defo walk into a CL team ?

Robles - No
Howard - No

Coleman - maybe
Baines - maybe
Jagielka - maybe
Mori - not yet
Stones - not yet
Oviedo - No
Galloway - no

Barkley - Probably
Barry - Maybe, but Citeh sold him
McCarthy - Maybe
Cleverley - Not really
Lennon - Maybe, but Spurs sold him
Deulofeu - Not yet, that's why he's in our squad
Mirallas - He's wanted to for years, but noone seems that interested
Osman - No
Pienaar - No
Gibson - No
Besic - OK, I'll give you that one

Kone - I'll let you answer that one.
Niasse - Too early to tell

... and yes, I know you could say the same about Leicester, and they've massively overachieved, but it is possible that our fifth place flattered us and we just had a season where everything, including United and Spurs being rank average, came together nicely in our favour.

We've got some good, talented players, some of which should continue to improve and become CL players, but we're not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.