Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He out performed 16 other premier league teams. Something no other Everton manager in the premier league has done. Low points tally? It means everyone was beating everyone and is an indication of a decent league. The top 6 all finishing with huge points totals just shows that there's a load of dross in the league that every decent side is repeatedly caning.

For the record all those 'weak leagues' that Moyes supposedly operated in had Chelsea under Mourinho, the invincibles Wenger side, United under Ferguson, and then Liverpool under Rafael probably their strongest prem side. How is this a weak league? Not to mention very decent Villa Newcastle Spurs and Leeds sides. In Moyes' period English teams were dominant in Europe as well.

Now you have a far more fluid top order (as seen by Leicester and Spurs cracking it). United are a shadow of themselves repeatedly without champions league, ditto Liverpool, Arsenal are nowhere near their 03-07 team, Chelsea have been awful this season, Coty are a good side but also arguably on the decline. Traditional prem heavyweights like Villa Newcastle and Leeds are nowhere to be seen with most of the sides under West Ham being very average.

How is this league therefore harder? Prem teams have also been woeful in Europe. Whereas once Ronaldo Bale Tevez Rooney Drogba Henry graced the prem, now the only world class player is Aguero. A declining Torres is starting for a side that is in the CL semi final and comfortably better than any team in this country yet in his absolute world beating prime he played for a team who came 4th most seasons.

The league is relatively very weak on quality at the moment. To have a fair amount of that quality in our squad yet not even make the top ten consecutively is an absolute disgrace.
TKO!

Yeah, good point. We may have been accused of being unprofessional, sort of like fielding a weekend team....I know I know.
Not sure it's had any bearing on the decision though, I'm pretty sure whatever is going to happen has already been decided one way or the other. One thing is for certain though, no manager, whatever team they manage, has anywhere to hide now. Once it was the so called big boys with the bottomless pits of money who were trying to outdo each other, now Leicester have proved that anyone, whatever the circumstances, can do it and chairmen up and down the country will be looking closely at the situation. It's blown a hole in the myth that nobody out of the top 4 or 5 will ever win the league again. A lot of managers will be feeling the pressure now from upstairs and that can only be good for the game.
Also the premier league will go up another gear next year so if we still have Martinez next year I dread of the outcome he got away with it this year

I don't understand the mad clamour for him to be sacked NOW... Why? What is the benefit?

The club are likely going to handle it quietly and with a degree of class and empathy for a man who deserves it. I don't want him to stay after this season but I don't see the point of sacking him right now.

It's turning the fanbase into a nervous wreck - and hanging a very pleasant, but ill-equipped man out to dry

Just come out and say that he won't be here after this season - Ala Man City with Pelligrini

You are a prince amongst men esk...
He is indeed, I'm working in London at the moment, and passed Esk Towers this evening.
fd8003beeb580a12e39edde25975749e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.