Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on what esk said about it, if PSG and united looked elsewhere then yes, he would come here if we offered him a job.

Until he (or we) have a new manager/job in place then hang your hope on it happening, stranger things have happened haha

Defo - I think the UTD job is his preferred but all the noises are they are sticking rather then twisting. I have serious doubts about him wanting the PSG job considering he basically trashed the league recently. They can offer him the money, and the opportunity to win another champions league near enough straight away.

I just think we would make a very interesting prospect for him, without the "win the league and champions league NOW" pressure, where he could build something.

I am hanging my hopes, i know - but i think we aren't that far out the running, just depends on the other jobs.

Edit: the post I was replying to disappeared, but it was clearly about Jose and the United interest. Sorry!

Someone posted a while back of the separations in the Man Utd camp - Woodward wanting LVG, stubborn to remove him because of that; SAF being generally confused about the whole thing but wanting Jose in at this point... Not gonna be able to find it in 1600+ pages of things obviously, but it shed some light at least.

And I still think Jose will want a challenge and to stay in England. He loves it here - the media loves him, he knows how to play the managers and the fans, and every game is potentially a big game. Think he relishes that, as in Spain it was just when they played Atletico, Barca or (depending on the situation) a cup tie when he had the reason to even attempt mind games and stuff like that, whereas here it's pretty much week in - week out, as everyone's got a point to prove.

Also I've already admitted in several threads I'm a big fan of his style of (anti) football, and it wins things, soooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.