Roberto Martinez and Everton heading for £10million compensation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone can argue that Martinez doesn't deserve the full £10m. He was a very nice man, remember.

Fact is.

We didn't perform LAST SEASON. Due to an absence of leadership. Poor defending,

I reserve the right to change my mind and look after EVERTON'S BEST INTERESTS.

Anyone who doesn't like this knows what they can do. :coffee:

So when someone else makes a bad decision even though it is exactly the same as your decision, you have the right to change your mind and slam them for the same decision that you originally made?

Interesting world you live in.

So when someone else makes a bad decision even though it is exactly the same as your decision, you have the right to change your mind and slam them for the same decision that you originally made?

Interesting world you live in.

I'm neither paying £3.5 million a year to someone or receiving £3.5 million a year in this instance.

Therefore it's my perogative.

Bobby above has just pulled your pants down.

As he says, he did his job, he managed the team, badly, but his contract didnt have any targets.

Martinez was on four years initially. It was just plain stupidity to give him what he wanted in his new five years contract without inserting clauses which adhered to the results of the team. There shall be clauses (condition of termination) which stated in his contract, unless he achieved certain goals then he can be sacked with small comp.

I bet Moshiri is much more careful than Kenwright in dealing with contracts.

Last edited:
Yes, a portion of blame has to go to him. Given the situation I can understand the Martinez extension. With Niasse, I think a lot more of the blame would have to go to whoever did the scouting and presumably Martinez for going ahead with it.

Decisions don't work out sometimes and these two have definitely cost us, but he has made some good decisions that have helped us in the past too. All swings in roundabouts but hopefully the best decision he ever makes for EFC is getting Moshiri on board.

Luckily Moshiri is in charge now and we only handed Koeman a three years deal. On the other hand, Kenwright was to blame in this Martinez matter. How on earth he handed him a new deal while he was in the first year in his original four years deal? It was just a bad business action.

Think he got the contract, because of the first season. It looked like we had the world class manager and he was heavily linked with Barcelona. Oh how things quickly changed.

Spiel. Barcelona from Everton?

Sold kenwright a good line, mostly brought or over paid for squad players, aside from Lukaku. The sale of him for 60m, still barely covers niasse and his compensation.

Embarrassing financial performance, just like our league slide. BETTER TIMES AHEAD!

Not really Martinez problem, it's not his fault that the club (aka Bill) were stupid enough to give him a deal like that. Of course he's going to take every penny he's entitled to, why would he not. I doubt he's as wasteful with his own cash as he was with the club's. Just further proof (if any was needed) of how ridiculous and incompetent Kenwrong is and why we should all be very grateful that he's not calling the shots anymore. Good luck to the fraud anyway, that fact that this £10million finally disassociate's us from the clown makes it money well spent in my eyes.

Luckily Moshiri is in charge now and we only handed Koeman a three years deal. On the other hand, Kenwright was to blame in this Martinez matter. How on earth he handed him a new deal while he was in the first year in his original four years deal? It was just a bad business action.

I'm not arguing that it hasn't turned out to be a bad decision. At the time of the extension, the vast majority of people were in support of the decision and it is very easy to sit back now and be critical. Say we don't give him an extension and he builds on the excellent first season then gets poached of us for little compensation (aka the Southampton model), I guarantee the same people that are crying about the contract extension now, are crying that he didn't extend the contract.

Reality is, yes it has turned out to be a bad decision, it is probably going to cost 5-6m to fix which is hardly significant in today's football world. You get it sorted and you move on, not like any other club has never made a bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.